Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Hmm, prices really DO seem to be going down...

Pages: 1 12 replies

E

Mint condition Steve Crane mug sitting at only $31 on the last day? This is not my auction BTW, I'm just a bit surprised...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3235720623&category=29460

em.

Not any more...

It all will happen in the last 10 minutes, just wait and you'll see!!

[ Edited by: fartsatune on 2003-08-10 19:11 ]

DOH!!!

the funny thing about these mugs is that there's usually at least one, if not a few on ebay at any given time..

E

Hmm, yeah, not too swift of me was it? Won't waste posting space with that kinda silly speculation again...

Now, that "plaque" - that is weird isn't it?

em

L
laney posted on Mon, Aug 11, 2003 3:01 PM

That is one of the many ideas in the book "Pad" It is a great book and a must for those into retro decor. There is also a Tiki Bob wall decoration up on ebay now. I say save your money and make one yourself if you like those.

I love that book PAD. I've had it for a while now but I just pulled it out again last night. I was kinda wondering if either of the guys that have their tiki houses in the book are on TC.

D

This too could have been yours for a pretty penny...this not my auction but I have been watching it, I have never seen this before except in TBOT, does anyone know when they were sold at Disneyland?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3236670506&category=29460&rd=1

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-08-12 16:48 ]

I have never seen that particular one before, but I have seen simular ones, and most of them seem to be from 1964-65. From what I can find out, there used to be a small sort of kiosk off to the side of the tiki room that sold these, and a few other items such as the tiki room hawaiian shirts. It is my beleif that they also had a small stock of them in the stucco building (forget the name? mercantile?) across the way from the jungle cruise. I havn't seen many of the little tiki guys from Disneyland however, so it leads me to beleive they only sold a few years as they probably didnt sell well after the newness of the tiki room wore off on park guests, and some of the attractions from the 64-65 worlds fair were brought back to Disneyland.

D

Thanks for the info Tonguroa Tigertail, I wonder what these puppies sold for originally?

Pages: 1 12 replies