Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Mango Fever: How to drink a mango (and prep one)

Pages: 1 13 replies

S

If your house is like ours, and it probably isn't, (then again, knowing you people, it might be!), you drink fruit rather than eating it. I worked for a long time to figure out how to clean and prep a mango. So I have put that info into a page, along with a recipe to drink your mango like we do here.

Mango Fever

Sorry Swanky,
No disrespect, I'm just being a smartass tonight. I read your drink directions and it looks great! I look forward to trying one.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-08-11 01:54 ]

S

There is a really nice restaurant here named Mango and I can't help but imagine that guy coming out at some point in the night to "greet" me at my table...

MC

thanks Swanky!
Shalom Aloha and I Love Mango!!
honestly, this will help me from getting all messy.
M C

Your instructions seem almost scared of the pit or stone. Is it dangerous somehow?

I have never eaten mangoes, so I do not know anything about them.

S

Well, the stone keeps you from being able to just cut it up like an apple or other fruit. It is a big rock in there.

Thanks for the recipe, Swanky - I'm ALWAYS happy to find new ways to enjoy mangos! Fruit of the gods in my book.

Interesting side note: "mango" in Mexico and parts of central America is slang for "hunk" or "stud". It made for a cute replay from a bartender in San Antonio when I asked for a "margarita de mango". He answered back in Spanish, "Sorry miss, but the only 'mango' here is me!"

On 2003-08-11 01:50, Unga Bunga wrote:

Sorry Swanky,
No disrespect, I'm just being a smartass tonight. I read your drink directions and it looks great! I look forward to trying one.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-08-11 01:54 ]

THANK GOD I'm not the only one who knows "Mango" is a character on Saturday Night Live! (I used to have the same affect on men when I was notably younger.) Sorry Swanky, I just couldn't resist!

I can not express how many mangos I have decimated. I have tried to find guides on the internet before but none of them have helped. Your guide has changed my mango life! THANKS! -Mrs. Lava

B

On 2003-08-12 00:57, Larry Lava wrote:
Your guide has changed my mango life! THANKS! -Mrs. Lava

Swanky...making the world a better place, one mango at a time.

Thanks for that great in-depth instructional guide to slaying mangos. My wife is going to love it too. Those photos are perfect.

Great guide Swanky, I've got two ripe mangoes that need to be used tonight. Mango Daiquiri here I come!

Did you ever try one of these. Ever since I got mine my mango consumption went up exponentially. You can get them at BB&B for about $13.

You put the mango on the cutting board stem side down, then shove the cutter down over the pit. In one single action you get two big sides and one pit with not much left to cut off.

RB

That mango cutter works great...highly recommended!

Pages: 1 13 replies