Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Good liquor stores in Sacramento?

Pages: 1 3 replies

BK

Anybody in the Sacramento area recommend a good liquor store? The big chains seem to stop carrying all the stuff I like, and if a local store carries it I would prefer to frequent them.

(Trying to find El Dorado 5 year, and according to the guys at Total Wine their distributor no longer carries it, and the same is for Bevmo)

Thanks!

Try Tower, A&P, Total Wine, and Nugget Market.

I haven't lived or gigged there for an age but even a few years ago I could drop into town and grab good bottles from any of those. Apologies if that's already obvious and well-worn territory for yer!

I

Hiya Brian,

I live in Sacramento too and there are no great liquor stores here. I pretty much shop at BevMo and Total Wine as well. The Corti Brothers store on Folsom Blvd. has some unique spirits but their selection is small and expensive.

I use hitimewine.net more and more every year and I would say that I purchase most of my alcohol through them now. They have an awesome selection of rums and the prices there are very reasonable. They have a flat rate shipping charge that's about $10.00.

El Dorado rums are fantastic by the way... Hi Time has their 8 year for $16.99. I didn't see the 5 year though. But seventeen bucks for an eight year demerara rum sounds like a great price to me!

Oh, and check out the Plantation "Stiggin's Fancy" Pineapple Dark Rum... It's an amazing sipping rum. I mix a couple ounces of the pineapple rum with a half ounce of sugar cane syrup and add ice. Simple but fantastic!

BK

Thanks everyone! Looks like I will end up ordering from ht, but will be grabbing some Hamilton stuff too, since ya can't find that here either.

Pages: 1 3 replies