Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Vintage 1960s Beachcomber Rare Glass Float Lamp

Pages: 1 3 replies

This Antique Blown Glass Float is from a chain of Polynesian Restaurants in Canada open in the 60s and 70s. The Beachcomber was full on Tiki. It had hula shows, Tiki Mugs, and fantastic decor.
This Vintage Deep Green glass float is 12 inches in diameter and still in its original netting. It has a 3 inch hole cut in the glass and has no cracks or chips. Excellent condition for being in storage for 40 years. It does not include the electrical outlet which are $10 at Oceanic Arts. Offered on Ebay now, follow the link.

Mahalo

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121832517991?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Only one more day to bid on this rare find. How often do Polynesian Tiki Restaurants contents come up for sale after being closed for almost 40 years? I just sold 3 floats to Bosko and he couldn't be happier. If you appreciate the real thing you will want one of these. This is a truly authentic Tiki artifact not some replica.

These are a few pics from the storage locker that everything was found in.
At first I said to my self you must be dreaming this.
How very lucky I was to find this cool time capsule.

You can say that again- Congrats!

I have seen that Maori Tiki in some vintage B&W photo, with a girl…. I just can't find it!

Pages: 1 3 replies