Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Style vs Book of Tiki

Pages: 1 7 replies

T
TU posted on Sun, Dec 6, 2015 4:43 PM

What's the difference between the two books? I mean besides one is hard to find and costs a lot more.

Thanks.
TU

T

Tiki Style is like an abridged version of the Book of Tiki. Check Amazon as prices on used copies of BOT have really come down from years ago. For me Sven's Latest Tiki Pop is really terrific.

T
TU posted on Sun, Dec 6, 2015 5:42 PM

Thanks Thor. Tiki pop is a great book!

I would say that the price difference Tiki Style and the Book of Tiki pretty much depicts the difference in size and content. You ain't gonna get the same for thing for 9.99 that you will get for 50.- bucks.

It has come to my attention that the newest printing of Tiki Style is un-noticably SMALLER than the previous. Wasn't told about this. It is also not under the ICON logo anymore - should it be in the "postage stamp" series now? :)

If anybody is getting one as give-away gift, and has the Icon version, please shoot a photo to compare and post it here.

T

Bigbro, from hang10tikis post in tiki finds 7 days ago.

aloha

On 2015-12-07 17:38, bigbrotiki wrote:
If anybody is getting one as give-away gift, and has the Icon version, please shoot a photo to compare and post it here.

Sven,

Hang10Tiki just posted this photo on Tiki Finds. He got the newest version for $9.99 at the Tommy Bahama store.

Noticeably smaller.

DC

T

Sven, I seem to remember you saying that the Old Navy Tiki Style had been censored for nudity? Is that right? Wondering because I might want to find one then for a modest 12 year old girl who already has started a tiki mug collection.

aloha, tikicoma

Pages: 1 7 replies