Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Sex Pistols ................

Pages: 1 23 replies

..............Look for Mr. & Mrs. Bamboo this Friday Night (8/15/03)on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Our friends, The Sex Pistols, will be playing. Hmmmm, florescent orange Hawaiian shirt time!!! We're so pretty, all so pretty......

I'm in.

S

Is Johnny w/ 'em?

...vacant!

And we don't care!!!

Hey Rev,

Who's filling in for Sid?

Glenn Matlock, of course. Sid was just a puppet they used on stage to stir things up a little. I'm changing my wardrobe to the Bamboo Suit. Keep an eye out for this Fridays show. They are also playing the Greek (in L.A.) and the San Diego Street Scene this year.

On 2003-08-12 11:21, seamus wrote:
Is Johnny w/ 'em?

p.s. Johnny is the "Co-Host"

Ahh, those four unlovable spiky-tops and their filthy lucre.

They wouldn't have hired Sid if Glenn hadn't left in the first place...

Rotten quote on every interview,"This F%#*n interview is bloody ova!!

T

On 2003-08-14 09:58, floratina wrote:
They wouldn't have hired Sid if Glenn hadn't left in the first place...

Doesn't the mythology say that Glenn was fired for liking the Beatles?

Las Pistolas are coming here too, of course, I am trying to decide if I should go; I saw X and the Damned this summer, might a well make it a trilogy, while they're all alive. Look at poor Joey and Joe, back to back... a Sex Pistol is almost certian to be next... :(

BTW, the drummer for the Damned is a tikiphile - he and his girlfriend (ghoul-fiend?) wrote to me telling me how much they like TRT. That was COOL!

T

On 2003-08-14 13:49, tikibars wrote:

BTW, the drummer for the Damned is a tikiphile - he and his girlfriend (ghoul-fiend?) wrote to me telling me how much they like TRT. That was COOL!

You mean Rat Scabies? Or a new drummer?

Glen Matlock could write great songs and play. Sid could look good and do lots of drugs. It was the end when Glen quit. Johnny said he fired him for playing a Beatles record but I think Glen actually quit.

I assume that's the new drummer, not Rat. The new guy's from San Diego (North Park, I think).

I just looked up the band's web site, & their new album's called Tiki Nightmare! I know that the Captain covered "Happy Talk" on his solo record Women & Captain First, maybe they'll work in some more tunes from South Pacific?

I'm sure some of you aren't fans, but I just heard today that X is arranging a new revival tour. John Doe is playing a little hippie joint here in Big Sur tomorrow. Man, those concerts in LA, in the late 70's, just can't be repeated. Those were some fun times!

T

On 2003-08-14 15:25, Unga Bunga wrote:
I'm sure some of you aren't fans, but I just heard today that X is arranging a new revival tour. John Doe is playing a little hippie joint here in Big Sur tomorrow. Man, those concerts in LA, in the late 70's, just can't be repeated. Those were some fun times!

I've been a big fan since 1980 and they still sound great even if they're old farts like me.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Not final yet but I heard we got duped with some "Visa" problems and the show is cancelled!!!!

ARGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

What the hell man!!!! It's 2003!!! Visa problems still!!!!??? Man! This bends me the wrong way!!!

F this and F that!

F'in god damn Customs!!! You F'in Brat!!!!

Life Sucks!!!! I'm going to break something now!!!

Black Flag "a Benefit for Cats" Sept 12th @ the Hollywood Paladium!!!! The first four years! Everyone Pray that this show does not get cancelled or you all are doomed!!!! Into the volcano with everyone!!!

Save the kitties from the Sponge Monsters!!!

that puts me in a better mood!!! Mahalo Vintage!!

p.s. Greg Ginn is really into cats. He's doing this to open shelters etc. So they say!!?

On 2003-08-14 21:42, RevBambooBen wrote:
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKK!!!!!
Not final yet but I heard we got duped with some "Visa" problems and the show is cancelled!!!!

The tour isn't cancelled, is it? Haven't heard anything & I have 8 tix to the Greek...

Cancelled? DANG! Rev, I wanted to see you body-surf out the door of the studio on a wave of Johnny's vomit.

On 2003-08-14 15:25, Unga Bunga wrote:

Ummmm.... that news may have been a little old. X was in Chicago last month, and in LA a few weeks before that...

As for the Damned drummer - yes, it's a new guy named Pinch, Rat Scabies is currently chillin' in the retirement tomb. Pinch's gal is a burlesque dancer named Mimi who some of you may have seen.

On 2003-08-15 10:46, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
Cancelled? DANG! Rev, I wanted to see you body-surf out the door of the studio on a wave of Johnny's vomit.

Been there, done that.

E
ecm posted on Fri, Aug 15, 2003 2:34 PM

On 2003-08-14 11:20, Unga Bunga wrote:
Rotten quote on every interview,"This F%#*n interview is bloody ova!!

john , was on a cbc program , here in canada a couple of months ago. i think they slipped him , $5.00 , for every time he said F*#k...what a guy.

T

On 2003-08-14 21:42, RevBambooBen wrote:
Black Flag "a Benefit for Cats" Sept 12th @ the Hollywood Paladium!!!! The first four years! Everyone Pray that this show does not get cancelled or you all are doomed!!!! Into the volcano with everyone!!!

Any other shows planned? In the bay area?

Pages: 1 23 replies