Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Postcard Explosion! Lots of Fun

Pages: 1 4 replies

Paring down the Tiki postcard collection with some fun ones for sale.

The rare second dining room postcard from the Kahiki showing the guest drinking from the Tiki mugs.

The second card from the Denver Trader Vic's at the Cosmopolitan Hotel - another hard to find one.

Some more Trader Vic's varieties

A few from the Waikikian

Polynesian Buffet at the Kon Tiki Cleveland

Pacific Hut in Brockton and Burlington Mass

Tropics Hotel Palm Springs - home of Caliente Tropics

Nighttime shot of Tiki Gardens and Trader Franks entrance.

Islander Los Angeles

Polynesian dining at Don the Beachcomber Palm Springs

and the Tiki Volcano scene from the Banana Train ride on South Sea Island at Pacific Ocean Park

You can see them here on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/dustycajun/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Thanks for looking

DC

T

Nice cards!
The Kahiki one I did not know there were two versions of that one.
There is one with me and other FOMers as the guests, Ha!
And the pig has Kahiki written in cherries on it's side.

This card....
"The second card from the Denver Trader Vic's at the Cosmopolitan Hotel'
has the same lights that we see at the Trader Vic's in Cuba.(dam where are those lights)
That must have been a basket made for some other use.

Love these cards as we can see what lights they had and other ways to do our tiki spaces.

Find these cards “Only at” Dustycajuns eBay sale.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2016-01-17 14:05 ]

Auctions end tomorrow, good luck.

DC

Postcard collectors, take note! I received an email from "Orlando At Play" which highlights upcoming events in and around the city. Central Florida Fairgrounds will be hosting a postcard and vintage paper event this coming weekend. I imagine that there will be some vintage tiki postcards available for purchase.

http://www.orlandoatplay.com/event/detail/27772/2017_Orlando_Paper_Postcard_Expo

Orlando Paper & Postcard International Expo 2017
Friday: January 13th 10a.m. to 5p.m. and
Saturday January 14th 10a.m to 4p.m.

The Orlando Paper & Postcard Show is like no other postcard experience you will ever have. Recognized as one of the largest antique postcard & paper shows in the country, the show will feature dealers from over 35 different states and four countries. Visitors can look forward to viewing millions of postcards. This show will represent the best selection of postcards in the world. Postcards of every artist, country, and topic from any era can be found at Central Florida Fairgrounds Postcard Show. Free appraisals for collections are offered. For over 20 years, Mary Martin Ltd. has hosted its annual antique postcard show held at the Central Florida Fairgrounds at 4603 W. Colonial Dr., Orlando, Florida, 32808. Admission is $5.00 (good for both days). For more information regarding the show or special hotel rates, please contact Mary Martin 410-939-0999 or [email protected].

Wow, that sounds like a good one! I'd go.

DC

Pages: 1 4 replies