Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hula lamp parts

Pages: 1 7 replies

S

Greetings all,

So I recently picked up an old Dodge hula lamp. Working and everything. Well, almost. I seem to have lost a piece off it. It's one of the clips which attaches the skirt to the hula mechanism. The part looks basically like an oval washer with two holes. One hole is soldered into the turning peg on the lamp, the other hole has a freely rotating clip attached which then slides into a couple of slots on the skirt and folds over to secure it.

Anyone happen to know where I can find one of these? I'll owe you a beer. Or a Zombie.

Thanks, guys.

T

Would bet you could never find that part.
Good luck!

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2016-01-19 05:39 ]

These are neat lamps. For those who may not have seen or heard of these, Google "hula lamp" and see what you find. Retro re-makes are currently about $200 apiece. They're novel conversation starters.

S

wonder if they have a similar part at hulalamps.com - they make the dancing and static lamps

Those are the really really special (high quality) ones -- real bronze castings. Very nice.

There are at least three other threads about hula lamps here on TC, check those for more info. But ultimately you may just be better off making the part from copper like Skip suggested.

S

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Already checked with the hulalamps.com guy but he doesn't have any. And most of the places in the other hula lamp threads are no longer active. I'll probably go the make it myself route. Looks like a fairly simple thing. Little bit of copper sheet, pair of metal snips, couple drill bits and a hand riveter should do it.

Or I'll just keep scouring the house. I know both of those things were there when I got the lamp. One just came off. Gotta be in the house someplace. I'll probably step on the damn thing about 10 minutes after I finish making the new one.

C

Hi all. I have a Dodge co. hula headache girl lamp that just stopped working one day. Took it to a clock repair place since the lamp is really close to a clock with its internal movements. The repair guy mentioned a gear was bad on the inside. Does anyone know where to find parts like this?
I’m on a quest to get the girls hips moving again. It has been very challenging obtaining repair & parts information on this lamp.
Appreciate any information or possible leads you could provide.
Thanks.

Would be nice if you show a picture of said gear.

this place may be able to make it for you.
http://www.rushgears.com/gear-types/spur?referrer=Google&gclid=COLQpbXX3MwCFQkwaQodjVoJtg

Pages: 1 7 replies