Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Best table at Mai-Kai?

Pages: 1 5 replies

I

My family and I are cruising in March out of Ft. lauderdale and we have reservations for the 7:30 show at the Mai Kai. Does anyone know if you can request a specific table? If so, does anyone have suggestions of which one we should ask for to get a great view? We are a party of 5.

Mahalo!

S

Yes! Slip the Maitre D' a tip and either ask for middle of Garden of Tonga center. I usually sit in Tonga which is raised and gives you the panarama view of the show. To me it's great in the darkness as the room goes away and you are transported to some far away place lit by the fireknife. But, up front, where you can really feel the heat of the fire and sweat, and the performers are right there is also great. I wouldn't sit right at the stage as it is maybe too close for a good view. In the middle of Garden or so.

To go one-up on Swanky's reply (just fer fun) I'd suggest marrying the maƮtre d's daughter ahead of your visit. :drink:

I politely request the front-facing tables at the back edge of the "orchestra pit" with our backs against the main center aisleway through the ground floor. It's a high-traffic spot, but you're in one of the few forward-facing seats directly looking at the stage, at just the right distance to take it all in. That's a great place!

Swanky's suggested location is definitely also a good suggestion, I'm sure he's right about it darkening during the show and giving you some isolation from the hustle-and-bustle of the main show floor.

Good luck and have fun, and bring back some good rums from your cruise!

How much does one tip? $20?

Where you're seated often depends on the size of your party and how booked they are on a particular night. Off nights give you a better shot at good seats.

Those tables in the front row in Tonga that Swanky likes typically seat four to six, so you may have a good shot at them, even without a tip. But slipping them a ten-spot (or more) certainly won't hurt.

Close to the stage is usually considered the prime seats, so I would be clear when asking where you'd like to sit. It's hard to beat the front rows, either down in the garden or up in Tonga. But if you can't get those front Tonga seats, it may be better down in the middle of the garden.

8T

Make sure you get there early enough to enjoy all the charm and mystery (plus drinks & appetizers) in the Molokai bar. AN ABSOLUTE MUST
Have fun!

Pages: 1 5 replies