Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Exceptional Vintage Original Tiki Paintings For Sale Bar Hotel

Pages: 1 9 replies

Here is your opportunity to acquire two fantastic vintage pieces of Original Artwork. I have owned these for about 10 years. I bought them from a collector dealer who had them hanging in his personal bar that was the coolest private bar I have ever been to. Unfortunately I have not had them appraised, but I have had them looked at to help authenticate the era in which they were done. The story goes that they came from a tiki/hotel bar in Long beach and date back to the 30's or possibly earlier. They are painted on wood and are folk art in style. Original frames. They are fantastic in person and give off a great vibe. These two pieces make a room/bar alone. They are not perfect. They are not signed. But they are special and original. I have been offered over $2,000 for them and been told they are worth anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000. I guess it depeneds on the buyer and if they have the right use for them. Anyway, I am looking for serious offers over 2k. They measure appx a whopping 36" by 60". They make a statement. In the last picture you can see them Hanging in a Bar I lent them to.

PM if interested or more info

[ Edited by: Burgersurfer 2016-01-27 20:15 ]

[ Edited by: Burgersurfer 2016-01-27 21:16 ]

[ Edited by: Burgersurfer 2016-01-27 21:27 ]

If you are going to ask high end prices, can you at least provide some information
on these paintings , who is the artist for example?

I always cringe when someone states "I was told, by someone" to validate "assigned worth" or "authenticity"
they do look of vintage origin as well as quite amateurish in style & execution.

Just who?, told you the paintings are worth what you think they are?
I do believe they are mistaken.

S

On 2016-01-28 07:09, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
If you are going to ask high end prices, can you at least provide some information
on these paintings , who is the artist for example?

On 2016-01-27 18:36, Burgersurfer wrote:
They are not perfect. They are not signed.

Yes, that was my point as the artist is not known, so how can a "knowledgeable" person
assign a certain value to them.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2016-01-29 06:56 ]

T

What paintings are you talking about?
All I see the that blond in black boots!

She makes a room/bar alone.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking that. Must be an Ohio thang. I was going to say something witty about what two grand might get ya, but decided against it. :wink:

But I hate to be room/bar alone!

T

Beavis And Butthead - Boing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoS1MCF8AeI

wouldnt these fall under the category of Hawaiiana and not tiki?als originals is probably more accurate. Most likely reproductions if they were originals they'd be signed. no question

Hello all, I have put the sale of these paintings on the back burner for the past few months. But, I have just had them looked at by a appraiser on Monday. Once I get the results after her investigation period I will post them. Keep in mind, many, many paintings were never signed. These are Orginals pieces of art and for sure by the same artist. Also keep in mind, regarding the criticism of value. These are likely from a bar or hotel and from the mid century era. Imagine if you were to commission a artist to paint you a large painting, no matter how good or bad that artist may be, it would probably cost you $500 to $1000 a piece currently and these are vintage, orginal pieces. A few members have seen these in person and if you could see them in person they really are super cool. Call em Tiki or Hawaiiana, whatever you want. I will also post the link to the appraisal, and the the appraiser and I discussed no value.. Maybe she will say junk and they are worth $50. I don't know. But I guarantee you she knows more than me. Tiki central members will get first shot, then they will go ebay.

Pages: 1 9 replies