Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Kraken Storm black ginger beer

Pages: 1 3 replies

bought this canned ginger beer over the weekend at a hole-in-the-wall liquor store selling it for a dollar per can. from Kraken website it appears to be limited distribution right now. the can has artwork similar to the rum bottles.

sipping it neat, i found it kinda watered-down tasting, weak for a ginger beer, although it had a spicy finish. the can says it is made with molasses, but i didnt notice that component on my palate.

i made two unusual Dark and Stormy cocktails with it. Am out of standard jamaican/guyana rums (except for 21-year-old products, which i aint throwing into a glass of ginger beer). so i made one with cruzan black strap, which i thought would work well as the can suggetss mixing wit hspiced rum. it was okay, but too blackstrappy/brown sugary tasting, i added angostura bitters and falernum to balance that out and it was not a bad drink.

second one i made with an oiunce and a hald of Plantation dark overproof rum, and a squeezed half-lime-- this worked ver ywell, and tasted quite similar to any standard ginger beer/dark rum combo. tasty.

i'm curious if anyone has tried this ginger beer neat on ice, or mixed with a spiced rum?

Jesus, Porpoise... you are sounding pretty drunk in this post :lol:

? there were some typos, but... otherwise seems like it was a lucid, intelligent, and well-thought out post. your comment is accordingly Overruled!

[ Edited by: thePorpoise 2016-01-31 23:51 ]

Exactly what a drunk person would say :D

Pages: 1 3 replies