Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Witco fountain needs new aquarium pump; HELP!!

Pages: 1 11 replies

Aloha!! I just acquired this AMAZING Witco fountain (pictured here)

; all the parts are present except for the aquarium pump that makes it work! Does anybody have this (or a similar Witco piece) and would be able to point me to a new one that would work with it? I don't know anything about aquariums, so I really don't know where to start! As I said, all other pieces are present and accounted for; it's worth mentioning that the large hose attached to the idol is still in place as well. Any help would be most appreciated! Please help me bring this amazing piece back to life!!

Congrats on your find. Don't use an aquarium pump, use a pump for an outdoor fountain. You can find them at most big stores in the garden area. If you can get the ones where you can adjust the flow, those work best. Enjoy your fountain!

S

I have no idea how far the pump will sit below the part where the water actually comes out but if the pump is too small it won't be able to pump the water up very high, or if it can make it that far it will just come out as a trickle, so therefore you will have to buy something that is strong enough to pump it the distance required. So for that reason you will want something that you can adjust the flow on, like happy buddha said.
Although an aquarium pump and outdoor fountain pump are no different, it's just the application you are using them for.

The pump sits in the box under the bowl. An outdoor fountain pump has the perfect flow; you don't want something too aggressive. An adjustable flow will help you cut down on splash.

Thanks guys!! Mahalo!

I buy my submersible pumps at Harbor Freight. Much less expensive than anywhere else and they'll last several years before burning out. They usually have a good selection in the stores

Thanks for all the suggestions! I checked out HFT's website; they DO have great prices, and lo and behold! There is one not far from home. Thanks again!

I just got the same fountain and also have a pump question. Do you put a bucket inside the pump box to serve as a reservoir for a submersible pump and let the basin water gravity feed into it? I can't wait to get this guy going once we get the Lowbrow Lanai set up.

L

On 2017-05-05 11:46, sputnikmoss wrote:
I just got the same fountain and also have a pump question. Do you put a bucket inside the pump box to serve as a reservoir for a submersible pump and let the basin water gravity feed into it? I can't wait to get this guy going once we get the Lowbrow Lanai set up.

That is exactly what I did, yes. I got a small trash can, like for a bathroom from Bed Bath & Beyond. Worked out perfect.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.