Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

"ritual of the savage" tiki-noir novel

Pages: 1 11 replies

Aloha, the Tiki Central collective ! Just wanted to mention that my latest book (and my first novel) - a detective story set in Los Angeles in 1958 and called "Ritual Of The Savage" is finally available as a paperback or Kindle on Amazon and I'll be signing copies at the International TIKI Marketplace at the Garden Grove Elk's Lodge on Saturday March 5th between 10am and 3pm !

The book itself was inspired by my love of Tiki and 1950's Americana and is set in Los Angeles, Palm Springs and Hawaii in the summer of 1958. The idea for "Ritual" came to me after seeing the "Tiki Noir" feature in Otto's "Tiki News" magazine - I liked the excerpts from vintage pulp fiction novels that had some kind of Tiki reference in them so I thought I'd actually write a whole private detective novel based around Tiki. Besides Tiki bars like The Luau in Beverly Hills, Tiki carvings, exotica music, Martin Denny, LSD and beatniks, the book also features a "guest appearance" from Tom Lopaka of Hawaiian Eye and Eden "Nature Boy" Ahbez. Basically the novel was my excuse to send my alter-ego back to the era of automobiles with tail-fins, Tiki bars, cool music and bottle blondes. I hope those of you who get to read it will enjoy it and I look forward to seeing some of you at the International TIKI Marketplace on March 5th !!

Mahalo,
Jay

[ Edited by: Kon-Tiki Viking 2016-02-16 01:13 ]

Good luck on the novel Jay. I love that cover!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Mahalo, Jeff !

Currently working on the sequel - thirsty work ;0)

Can't wait to dive into this! Sounds awesome!

T

I think that will be on my vacation reading list

B

Just got my copy on Saturday from Amazon. Now, to decide if I want to read it now or wait until June and read it on my trip to Maui.

The book sounds great - noir makes for some great reading. Order placed.

kevin

Hey Jay, Looking forward to meeting you and snagging a signed copy of your book at the Original Tiki MarketPlace(Garden Grove ,California) next Saturday.
Cheers

Looking forward to signing copies of "Ritual of the Savage" at the Original International Tiki Market Place tomorrow Saturday 5th March 10am - 3pm at the Garden Grove Elk's Lodge. Hopefully see some of you there !!! And if you can't make it tomorrow it's also available on Amazon and Barne's & Noble websites...

Jay,

Nice to meet you at the ITMP and pick up your new book. Look forward to the read.

DC

Great to meet you Jay.I gave my son Mario his copy and I’m fighting with CeCe over who gets to read “our”copy first.
Check out the pic that I posted under Events-California-Original Tiki Marketplace.People are going to think that you have ties to Marwal pottery.
Cheers

Hi D.C. and nui 'umi 'umi !

Great meeting you both too ! Thanks to both of you and everyone else at the OITMP who bought the book ! Hope you all enjoy it.

Mahalo, Jay

Pages: 1 11 replies