Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Mysterious Island Fishbowls

Pages: 1 4 replies

I thought I would finally get around to posting these... They're obliquely Tiki-related, I swear.

I've been playing around with customing PVC figures and making fishbowl dioramas for a bit. These were inspired by the movie The Mysterious Island, based on the Jules Verne book. I'd been toying with hypothetical home Tiki bar themes, and Jules Verne topped the list, thanks to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, The Mysterious Island and In Search of the Castaways specifically. No such bar will exist, at least for the time being, since all we can muster right now is an Enchanted Tiki Kitchen.

Anyways, they're not nearly as good as Hearn's diorama or anything, but here they are...

(There is a little Tiki hiding in there, beside the tree fern)

I've had another fishbowl idea waiting in the wings for some disposable income... A mermaid, a Tiki, and a sea turtle... Any tips on effective ways to simulate waves lapping up on a beach?

These remind me of a 50's horror movie. They are really fun to look at thank you, Wendy

H

Love it.

How fun, I love them. As far as lapping waves, you can try sand and blue pourable epoxy like I did for this little diorama

Thanks for the compliments, and the suggestion for the epoxy. I'll look into it!

Pages: 1 4 replies