Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Bali Hai 8/17

Pages: 1 19 replies

I'm taking the family to Sea World in San Diego on that date and I'd like to take them to Bali Hai for dinner afterwards. If any local Tikiphile's are interested in meeting at the Bali Hai let me know.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-08-13 07:39 ]

No promises, but I'll try.

Look for the big guy with a pony tail & handlebar moustache, a Mr. Bali Hai in one hand, and pu-pus in the other.

Once again, I'll try, but playing with my Gran'daughter might win out .

Watch out! They cut you off after five Mai Tais...

Hey, Lady V and me are going to go to Sea World on Sunday! We may run into each other. I don't know about Bali Hai after, we have to be driving back to LA that day.

JV

Very cool, I'll look for you guys, at both places.

On 2003-08-13 11:33, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
Watch out! They cut you off after five Mai Tais...

Yeah, but the bartender stands with two rum bottles up-ended over the glass for about 20 seconds when making one...

I wouldn't mind being cut off after 5 of those! Six would probably give me gas...

Aw jeez, the wahine is sayin' dat Sea Wold an Bali Hai may be too much in one day, so I say okay, I drop you an kids off at da' room and den hit Bali Hai by myself, I'm there baby. Any ladies goin? Freddie, I will send you my cell ph. no. via private message here on TC soon. Call me that afternoon when I get a better idea.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-08-13 17:47 ]

bubbles

Not sure if I'll be at Bali Hai Sat. night or Sunday night now. Family is pulling me in every direction. I will check back here later.

Hey JT, sorry for the late rebound, I'm always up for the Bali Hai. My weekend schedule looks pretty clear. Let me know a coupla hours in advance as to your ETA and I'll try to hook up with you.

GOSH! i would love to go to the ole HAI, but, now live in the ole mecca of TIKI called..............SALEM.........OREGON............this one was for MANO (i'm okay man, once things get settled down, it will be A........ O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,K

Shipwreck and Freddie, see ya' in the bar between 8:30 and 9:00 tonight?

OB, sorry I missed ya'. Seamus is up there in Waldport!

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-08-16 12:51 ]

My mom and dad celebrated thier 35th wedding anniversary today and guess where we went for dinner?????

We were at the Bali Hai from 5:30 till 7:00. I was looking for you Jungle Trader but was not certain when you were planning on being there this weekend.

Monkeyman

Hey Monkeyman, we arrived at Bali Hai at around 7:05. Just missed you. Maybe this winter I'll get down there again.
Thanks Shipwreckjoey for the good conversation. It was good to meet another fellow TCer, and Mustang Sally. I might post some pics on the Locating Tiki. Sorry I couldn't stay longer.

jungletrader, glad we got to get together with you & your family at Bali Hai. We had a great time. Did you scoop up a mug on the way out? We stuck around about a half hour after you left and then headed across the the street to Humphrey's Halfmoon lounge for live blues & nitecaps.

M

Mrs. ModMana and I are always up for a trip to the Bali Hai but unfortunately had other plans all Sunday afternoon and evening (Lollapalooza). Give us a heads-up next time and we'll meet up with you.

ModMana :drink:

I was just at the Bali Hai on Sunday for their Chamapagne brunch. I'm not much of a breakfast/brunch person but I have to say, it was good. Chocolate chip-macadamia nut pancakes, so good. It was my first time there and it was great!

[ Edited by: johnnievelour on 2003-08-20 02:31 ]

Hey JV, ain't the Bali Hai cool. What a view of the bay!! The food for dinner was fair. Drinks were fabulous, damn good.
Looked for you at Sea World. I think I'm going to shell out some clams to swim with the dolphins. I heard there's a hotel in Hawaii where you can swim with them. Is this true and which hotel?
Shipwreck, no I didn't get a mug because I have one already from my friend up here, without the lid. Got some good pics and I might post them in the Locating Tiki forum under Bali Hai. Later daze braddahs.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-08-20 21:43 ]

NN2

Hey jungletrader I did the dolphin thing at SeaWorld last year with my daughter for her sixth birthday and it was great, really an experience you'll never forget. Also if you do it fork out the extra money at the end for the pictures, it costs a bit but you'll be glad you did later. Every person who comes into our house and sees those pictures on the wall is so excited. I have heard it is much better in Hawaii, as everything is.

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to make it, I was called up to Pomona to watch my Gran'daughter.

Jungletrader, I'm sorry that I couldn't get in touch to let you know, but my Windows PC was down with a worm & I can't start the Linux partition 'til I reformat the file system.

I wish I could've been there, I've wanted to walk from the Bali Hai to Trader Morts & take pictures of all the levels of tikiness in between...

Pages: 1 19 replies