Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

mother load of tikis at this arizona estate sale

Pages: 1 6 replies

That's all from the same importer. There used to be some guy who came out here to SD with a trailer and bought all that stuff about once a month. He sold it at some swap meet out there. It's old dead bali made stock from Mainlanders(Out of biz) and the guy who is now backyard escapes.

And it's all crap...
Buzzy Out!

I'd agree on most counts but those ku tikis are pretty cool, Bali or not. I'd hit this sale just to get a couple of those. They are probably going to be pretty inexpensive.

S

I'm more interested in the old pioneer receiver - but a couple of those tikis would be cool for the home bar - only thing is last estate sale here i went to with a tiki statue, they thought it was a 60's vintage piece, when it was a newer import - they were asking $5,000 for it when you guys showed me on here they're only a couple hundred bucks - crazy!

Sounds like the exception not the rule - all you can do is try

I am hitting the LIKE button for Buzzy. I know my classic Tiki carvers and their styles from Tiki's heyday, but as a carver who's been in the Tiki revival from early on, he knows the good, the bad, and the ugly in the new wave of hacked wood. :)

On 2016-03-16 19:57, bigbrotiki wrote:
I am hitting the LIKE button for Buzzy. I know my classic Tiki carvers and their styles from Tiki's heyday, but as a carver who's been in the Tiki revival from early on, he knows the good, the bad, and the ugly in the new wave of hacked wood. :)

I think we all agree with buzzy - classic tikis rule, however not everyone has the bank roll to buy vintage tikis or even some of the larger neo tikis from the many modern carvers. Many dont have the luck that some of us have in finding vintage classic tikis in the wild at decent prices. The purpose and only point to me posting this is that perhaps some folks out there might find this sale interesting in that they might want to purchase some of the less grotesque of these tikis as filler for their tiki rooms. Certainly nobody is obligate and I have nothing to gain either way. Just thought I would share I hopes someone might find it if some use. I see many similiar tikis and decor in many of the photos of people's tiki rooms on here.

Pages: 1 6 replies