Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tony vons?

Pages: 1 2 replies

N

tried to search, got nothing. looks like it used to be where the old tiki gardens/trader franks was in florida. any info?

[ Edited by: nomeus 2016-03-18 22:25 ]

Hi Nomeus, I found this was mentioned in one single post in a thread on Tiki Central in 2002. Not sure you needed to create a new thread on this topic, as I would have made a comment in the other thread. Here's the URL you missed in your search:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34&forum=1&vpost=220&hilite=tony

I live in Florida, am interested in this, and when I read your question found myself wishing you had shared more than just a brief and vague question. Hopefully you can tell us more, such as how this place came to show up on your radar? Any idea what city it was in? New research and new findings would be worthy of you creating a new entry in "locating tiki." That way you don't bloat Tiki Central with unnecessary new threads, which I have previously suggested to you, earlier this week I think. (I'm not poking at you, I am making a serious and friendly suggestion.)

It would be great to consolidate your new thread and the 2002 thread into a new one in "locating tiki," especially if someone found new information to contribute.

I met you at Aku Aku on Orlando once -- do you live in Florida? If you do, then you could do some leg work and see what turns up, your original research would be a good foundation for a new thread in "Locating Tiki."

I searched but didn't find anything on Google, although there were a number of people with the name "Tony von XXXXXXX" around Florida in the 20th century. This may be a clue. If you have more information you can share, like how this came to pique your interest, then you may be able to provide clues for others to follow up on.

Since the original post here in 2002 mentioned finding a swizzle stick, maybe a swizzle stick collector has something they can share? But for now, I think all we have is one report of a single swizzle stick, and now the new mystery of how you came to be interested in this place.

Happy hunting!

H

I created a thread in Locating. I found the names of the owners and their surviving children.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=51242&forum=2&2

Pages: 1 2 replies