Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

The Lava Luau! Tiki Summer Fest Texas - Saturday June 18

Pages: 1 8 replies

Grab your shades, the sunblock and a blanket and join us the summer!

We’re super excited to announce the coming of “The Lava Luau!” This is North Texas’ first all-tiki music and art fest, centered in the city of Carrollton’s Town Square-Saturday June 18th!

This first-weekend-of-the-summer party, will start at 2pm and host live music, art, vendors and vibrant decor celebrating the color and energy of all things tiki! In addition, crazy contests, fun photo opportunities and classic vehicles will be a part of the festivities!

We’ll announce the band line up very soon so be prepared to shake your grass skirts and break out your brightest Hawaiian shirt at this good-time gathering! The bands and the DJ are guaranteed to take you across the ocean on an exotica, swingin’-hawaiian, surfing adventure and back!

Make plans now to join us at this free event in Carrollton Texas, just minutes north of Dallas! http://thelavaluau.com/

Thank you Tiki Central!

[ Edited by: Hami-The-Tiki-Torch 2016-03-20 15:34 ]

We have our line up in place!

We'll be featuring live performances by:
-The Atomic Mambo DJ duo
-The Tiki Torches
-Halau Ho'ola Ka Mana O Hawai'i-Dallas / Hinano O'Tahiti Nui
-The Thunderchiefs
-Combo Mahalo

See you this summer!

have some great vendors joining us.....Flint being one of them. Great painter and kills when he takes tiki to canvas.

https://www.facebook.com/flintsworld/

and more art being made to display at the luau...these big 4' x 6' by 10' tall displays will bring some ambiance to the fest!

I am looking forward to this event! Looks to have some fun bands and excellent events.

Sean, aka Blixathecat

Great time at the Luau! Bands were on fire, the hula dancers shook the earth and no one passed out from the fierce Texas heat! Do it again in 2017!

K

We enjoyed it! I say do it again. Maybe start a bit later and go into the evening? (insert sweaty but happy tiki emoticon)

8T

Hami, looks like you did a great job. I went to your website to see more. You should add those photos here. You are in Carrollton, TX ?
You had a nice turnout I guess. Congrats.

I wasn't able to make it to this one, but some friends went and had a great time. Thanks for bringing it!

Thanks 8ft and Devils Tool! Yeah, we had a blast but under that Texas sun, it was a little bit of a struggle. We're already talking about taking it in to the evening to party under the moon rather than the sun.

A moonlit jungle party? I'm diggin' it....

Pages: 1 8 replies