Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Politiki Mugs Lincoln, FDR, Nixon, Carter, Reagan

Pages: 1 4 replies

T
tikied posted on Fri, Apr 1, 2016 3:11 PM

Aloha. This is my introduction to the Tiki Central Marketplace. I have been a member since 2004 and regularly attend Tiki events in Southern California, but rarely post. I have decided to list my complete set of mint condition, Politiki mugs on EBay. I bought all five president mugs (Lincoln, FDR, Nixon, Carter and Reagan) at Politiki in Washington, D.C. Each mug is still inside its original, plain cardboard box sealed with tape, and the five boxes are inside a larger box wrapped in the April 24, 2001 edition of the Washington Times. Do you think that I should open each one to inspect and take a photo for the listing, or should I leave them sealed and obtain photos from Google images as examples of the mugs for the listing? Does anybody want to make an offer for the set before I post the listing? Mahalo.

T

If you feel confident that the mugs are unbroken, then you should leave them unopened. But that means you have to sell them sight unseen. If someone really wants a pristine edition of the mug, they'll let you know. Just don't over-price them.

J

I think (but could be wrong) that the eBay rules say the picture must be of the actual item being sold. Also, I have a hard time thinking many people will bid on a breakable item without visual proof that it is in good condition. I'd say take them out of the boxes to photograph them and put a note in the listing that they were only taken out for photographing, then returned to the boxes.

That is really cool. I used to have the Reagan and FDR mugs. I finally listed the FDR mug when I went through my divorce and it was purchased by the curator of an FDR museum! You should get a good price, those mugs were very cool. I'm going to look for your auction!

T
tikied posted on Fri, Jul 8, 2016 4:17 PM

My EBay auction is finally active. Mahalo to all who replied on this topic.

Pages: 1 4 replies