Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Bob's Burger's Pro Tiki/Con Tiki

Pages: 1 4 replies

Air Date:
Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 8:30EST

The Belchers flirt with tiki culture.

Thanks for the heads up Jungle Jim. Do you have a connection to the show? Would it be great if Bob had a dream that his burger joint had a heavy tiki theme interior.

T

"Do you have a connection to the show?"

Dam, lets hope not.
If he did the show would go on and on about how tiki sucks.

Jungle Johns greatest hits, on tiki that is...

"My biggest mistake was thinking a tiki hut was a good idea"

"no one wanted to sit around and watch tv and drink those god-awful "tiki" drinks in my outdoor mosquito infested tiki hut"

"and if you drink those rum drinks you know they are going to make you sick as a dog"

"A lone sentinel to an abandoned outpost of racist-filled overtones."

"Sorry guys, I still contend there is more than a hint of racism in this appropriated tiki culture. Celebrating the lack of sensitivity to the poor treatment of indigenous people hardly sets a party atmosphere. I regret being involved with it, and I am glad to watch it fade away"

Quotes Jungle John

Just an FYI for Bob's Burger's fans.

Yea, I made those comments, but this spring I got out the leaf blower and cleaned out the tiki hut and rethought my positions while having some exotic drinks in the heaven-like ambiance of the tiki hut. I burnt some incense, soaked in the sun, let the blender whirl another frozen concoction, laid in the hammock. I'm back in the tiki-laid-back vibe now. There's no jimmy Buffet, just the grooves to my band under sunny skies.

T

Well that's good to hear.

You can hate tiki if you want though, Just don't know if tikicentral is the best place to go if you want to hate tiki.

Pages: 1 4 replies