Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

polynesian village-disneyland mugs

Pages: 1 3 replies

D

I was at a fantastic estate sale last weekend and got 2 lg. frosted glass mugs that have the polynesian village, disneyland logo on them. They are both made of heavy glass and have a tiki god face on them. One is around 4 inches tall the other around 7inches. Does anyone have any information on these? Like when these were from, prices, etc?

I received my first pair (1 large, 1 small) in the early 1980's (I didn't get to go on the trip, they were my consolation prize)
Since I've been collecting (last 10 years or so) I've found about a dozen... In fact I found a short one this past weekend. Interesting to note, the one I just found is clear glass (not frosted) and the WDW/Polynesian Village logo is actually screenprinted (old ones were a sticker)
AS for price? I've paid as much as $1.50 and as cheap as $0.25!
-Z

HL

I have a number of these frosted two-head glasses, and there's at least 5 or 6 for auction at any one time on eBay. The prices tend to be low because there are so many of the darned things out there.

From what I can tell, the non-frosted ones are the newest of the bunch (they sell non-logoed, non-frosted ones in the gift show today, but no longer offer souvineer mugs with drinks).

I have never seen logo stickers on the mugs, only screen printing so far, so you've got something interesting there I think.

Besides the two-headed mug, they offered a logoed hurricane-styled glass (Polynesian Village logo on one size, early WDW logo with line art of the Contemporary, the Castle, and a sailboat on the other) and a yellow colored, bamboo-shaped glass with a repeating Polynesian Village logo motif silk-screened in yellow and orange on the outside.

Besides drinks and candle holders, they also make great Jello cups. With a little luck, patience, and a liberal application of vegetable oil to the insides, you can actually use the glasses as molds and pop-out two-headed Jello treats.

Ummmmm... is there a reason this thread is the Events Forum?

Pages: 1 3 replies