Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Maikai Gents w/Tiki Diablo Live World-Wide August 20. Free, All Ages + Tiki Ti

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha, Friends!
Please join us Wednesday August 20 as we beam our show live to all the world! You have two ways to see us:

1. Come out and be part of our fabulous live audience. The show is FREE, starts at 9:00PM and will be at
    Kulak's Woodshed
    5230-1/2 Laurel Canyon Blvd.
    North Hollywood, CA 91607
    818-766-9913

There will be live music before us, so arrive early. We'll begin performing at 9:00 Pacific Standard Time. The club interior will feature tikis by Danny Gallardo aka Tiki Diablo! There will be some camera shots of the audience, so be sure to dress in your finest aloha attire. Also, this show is brought to you by generous donations of artists and audience members. Why not bring a little something for the donation jar and keep this great performance space and webcast alive?!

1. Relax in the comfort of your home tiki lounge, log on to the worldwide web and enjoy our show live on your very own home computer. Here's how: Go to http://www.kulakswoodshed.com and click on the upper left-hand corner where it says "click for FREE 24/7 video webcast." That's it! So if you're in Denmark being great, or England studying architecture, or Rochester doing your thing, or even Oahu carving tikis, you can still swoon to our old-time Hawaiian crooning. Pass this info along to all your pals around the globe who will enjoy the blissful sounds of Hawaii's golden yesteryears.

Of course, if you're in the area we would love for you to come out and join us in person. We'll have souvenirs, sing-alongs, audience participation tippling and all sorts of fun. Let's show the world how tight our Southern California tiki community is. Plus, we like to see your smiling faces!

-The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

p.s. We will be performing at the Luau during the Long Beach Tiki Beach Festival on Saturday, August 23rd. We'll send out more info soon. In the meantime if you'd like tickets please call (562) 434-1542

http://www.mkgents.com

[ Edited by: iuka grogg on 2003-08-18 11:49 ]

[ Edited by: iuka grogg on 2003-08-20 10:30 ]

Hi, gang!

This will be an all ages show. If you've got kids or friends with young 'uns or teens, bring 'em down. It's going to be a great night of entertainment.

Joining us in the evenings revelry will be The Towne Dandies presenting the cyberwestern musical Stay Cowboy 3000. If you have yet to see a performance by this inimitable group, do yourself a favor and let this be the night you become aware of the incredible power of The Towne Dandies. Check 'em out at http://www.townedandies.com It's like a hefty mule kick, but in a fun way! Really, a must see.

Before the show tonight I'll be stopping by Tiki Ti for a bracer. If you'd like to join me for a quick tipple, I'll be there between 6 and 6:30. This is also the night they open the doors after a month's vacation. Yay!

-Iuka Grogg

On 2003-08-20 10:33, Iuka Grogg wrote:

...I'll be there between 6 and 6:30.

Does that mean:

1. You'll arrive at the Tiki Ti at 6:00 and depart at 6:30
    or
  2. You plan to arrive at the Tiki Ti between 6:00 and 6:30?

[ Edited by: floratina on 2003-08-20 14:17 ]

Reminder:
~It's 8:52 pm(PST) 8 minutes to The MaiKai Gents!
~For Windows Media Player, you can adjust volume and video by going to the top of the screen and click on "View", then scroll to "Enhancements", and adjust accordingly for best viewing & sound.

Thanks SCD for the reminder!

BIG MAHALO to all of you that watched the show last night. We had a blast and were so happy to see some smiling Tiki Central faces in the audience and thrilled to get such kind e-mails! What a great gang we have here. Tiki Diablo's tikis made us feel right at home on the Kulak's stage and I think some future customers were taken by his craft. Floratina, sorry about my unintented vagueness. I meant that I'd arrive between those times and stick around for awhile. Turned out I was late anyway, but did get a few minutes to hang with Atomic Cocktail, Vintage Girl and Beachbum Berry. Last night was the first time I've ever ordered a non-alcoholic drink at Tiki-Ti. It was emabarrassing, but Mike Jr. was very understanding (I don't booze before crooning) and whipped up an incredibly delicious (of course) Tiki-Ti punch - cold and frothy...mmmm. Too much fun!

-Iuka Grogg

Pages: 1 6 replies