Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Wow! An amazing tiki/rum drink! Brought to us from Kevin Upthegrove...

Pages: 1 2 replies

So I'm new to tiki drinks, rum, and cocktails, but have really enjoyed learning about the artistry that is involved in each of these phenomena. One of the best experiences I have had learning has been Kevin Upthegrove's Five Minutes of Rum podcast. Certainly, he has taught me a lot about rum, but he has also taught me A GREAT DEAL about making cocktails and tasting/enjoying them. Thank you Kevin.

Re: the inspiration for this particular post: I am enjoying Kevin's La Trinidad that he discusses in his podcast featuring Zaya rum (episode 16). If you like spiced rums (including a rum that you can sip neat-and really enjoy), try Kevin's cocktail:

La Trinidad

2 oz Zaya rum

1 oz fresh lime juice

1/2 oz cinnamon syrup

1 dash angosture bitters

Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Shake well with ice cubes. Strain into a cocktail glass.

THANK YOU KEVIN!

[ Edited by: arcadiandj 2016-04-27 09:57 ]

Much appreciated @arcadiandj. Thanks for listening.

A new episode is live - details over at http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=45552&forum=10&start=90

kevin

Thanks for highlighting this. Unfortunately, I always get behind on listening to the podcast but this caught my eye.

We don't have proper cinnamon syrup on hand but tried a quick improvisation and are very much enjoying a couple of these right now.

Pages: 1 2 replies