Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Official Tiki Oasis 2016 Room Party Thread *See Page 1 for Party Flyers

Pages: 1 39 replies

The Official Tiki Oasis 2016 Room Parties.....WooHooo! Stay Tuned for Updates!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-08-18 07:32 ]

WooHooo! Tiki Oasis 2016 is just around the corner....It's time to get ready for The Room Parties

For those of you who have done this before, what more can we say except “Get Ready to Get Your Drink On!”?

For those of you “crawl virgins”, here’s the deal: We have “Hosts” and “Crawlers”. Hosts will open up their rooms to the masses and ply their special concoctions on those brave(or lucky) enough to try them. Some hosts have been doing this for years, so you may be in for a real treat! Other hosts will be working on their first creations and may or may not have a drink that’ll stay down. That’s the fun of it! You never know what to expect other than every host will do their most!

Now Crawlers have responsibilities of their own! First and foremost is to be courteous to the hosts! Remember, you are their guests! Secondly, it is fair to say that the hosts will have ponied up a small fortune to make sure they have the ingredients to make your drinks. Tipping is a way to help the host defray the costs….YOUR GENEROSITY IS ENCOURAGED!

PM WooHooWahine with the day and time of your Room Party if you are interested in hosting. We will post the hosts and their libations as they come in.

All Crawlers Must be Tiki Oasis guests with wristbands.

If you have been involved with The Tiki Oasis Room Parties, then you know how much fun they are! It’s a great way to meet people and try out a new drink (or ten!) If this is your first time, then you are also in for a great time.

Cheers!
Woohoowahine & SoccerTiki

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-08-10 19:36 ]

Stay Tuned for Updated Information about Tiki Oasis' 2016 Monster Island Room Parties....WooHoo!

Is this thread also for general discussion of 2016 Tiki Oasis, or just for official room party info?

On 2016-06-27 07:06, Tiki Drifter wrote:
Is this thread also for general discussion of 2016 Tiki Oasis, or just for official room party info?

Aloha Tiki Drifter,
You will find the general discussion for Tiki Oasis on a separate thread. This thread will update everyone on what is happening related to the room crawls specifically. In years past this will be the source to learn what rooms are hosting on what dates and times. Woohoo and SoccerTiki do an awesome job and make it a hugely successful part of the Tiki Oasis experience!

We will be hosting a room party!

Woohoo...Are you ready to do The Monster Mash?

WooHoo.....Here's a List of Room Party Hosts who are gearing up for Everybody to have a Terror-ific Time at The Tiki Oasis 2016 Monster Island Room Parties:

Suite Hosts
The Ding Dong Devils
Pagan Idol
The Golden Tiki
Mister California
VenTiki
The Cat Eye Club
Tonga Hut
The Casbah

Room Party Hosts
Purple Orchid Welcome Wagon
Mo Herms
Candi Thayer
Lunavideogames
Kevin LaBounty

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-08-03 07:48 ]

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-08-03 07:54 ]

I will be hosting a popup artshow/libatious room party, along with member 'lunavideogames (aka @thirstythursdaySD)'. details to come here and on http://www.aladang.com and/or instagram @artaladang !

On 2016-07-18 19:16, WooHooWahine wrote:
WooHoo.....Here's a List of Room Suite Hosts who are gearing up for Everybody to have a Terror-ific Time at The Tiki Oasis 2016 Monster Island Room Parties:

The Ding Dong Devils
Pagan Idol
The Golden Tiki
Mister California
VenTiki
The Cat Eye Club
Tonga Hut
The Casbah

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2016-07-18 19:23 ]

Are the start times set yet? Type A attendees need to know!

kevin

--
if it's not a little complicated, it's probably not worth it.
5 Minutes of Rum
http://twitter.com/heylownine

[ Edited by: heylownine 2016-07-24 09:48 ]

Room #s & Party Times will be Posted as the Date Approaches :)

Stay Tuned for Up-to-Date Room Party Information.....WooHoo!!!

Come to the pARTay!
Very excited to be hosting my popup art show along with freebies and drinks by @thirtsythursdaySD Sat 8/20/16 2-4pm (room # to be announced),
SPONSORED BY PUSSER'S RUM! We'll also be raffling off some art/swag, including a 17"x 22" FRAMED ORIGINAL painting!
(watch for flyers during TikiO, on instagram @artaladang, and probably this thread for updates.

FYI: I am not a vendor, just showing my art as a backdrop to rummy shenanigans.If you'd like to purchase prints or other products, please visit http://www.etsy.com/shop/mrdang and/or http://www.aladang.com
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!

Thats right friends, I will be doing the drinks at a room party and I got the fine folks at Pussers Rum to sponsor with some of their new Gunpowder Proof rum. Try it here first! We will be partying from 2-4 on Saturday, stay tuned for the room number. Hope to see you all there!!!

Free Pussers drinks and samples and art. Where else are you gonna get free drinks midday? :)

Pussers room party
2-4 Saturday
Room number TBD

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2016-08-01 11:20 ]

Attention All Room Party Hosts.....Please make sure we have your contact information. We have some information for you.

Also, if you are planning on hosting a room party and have questions, we may be able to help! We have a few bands that are looking for a room to play!

Please P.M. us with your Contact Information. Mahalo!

Don't Forget to Join the The Official Tiki Oasis 2016 Room Party Facebook Group for updated information.....WooHoo!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/987439811305188/?ref=br_tf

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-08-03 07:43 ]

Can't wait for all the fun next week! I don't do the Facebook thing. Will you be posting a thread for crawlers this year?

pARTay update! (sat aug 20, 2-4pm, room TBA)

#theplotthickens ! There will be a limited number of #free #tiki #coozies for those going to #tikioasis2016 #whilesupplieslast !
All are (of course) invited to the pARTay #popup #artshow sat the 20th 2-4pm (room TBA) hosted by me/ @piercingbyjessy. /@thirstythursdayssd and sponsored by @pussersrum

Watch for the #pink "skullbob deathpants" flyers around #tikio (and here) as updates come in!

On 2016-08-08 12:04, headpaneer wrote:
Can't wait for all the fun next week! I don't do the Facebook thing. Will you be posting a thread for crawlers this year?

[/quote

Yes All Room Party Information will be Posted on Tiki Central. Stay Tuned...Woohoo!

I'll be back -
one day

See Page 1 for Room Party Flyers.....WooHoo!

So excited to see everyone!

Just a Friendly Reminder: All Room Party Crawlers MUST have a Tiki Oasis Wristband on.......WooHoo!!

I am really looking forward to the day time room parties. Whee!!

Room Party Flyers have been updated. See Page 1....WooHoo!!

Our Hosts are Brewing Up Some Terrorific Cocktails for You....WooHoo!!

Friday Room Party Schedule

10pm

Room 1234 A Love for Flowers

Suite 1503 Ding Dong Devils

Suite 1549 Pagan Idol

Suite 1603 Golden Tik

Suite 1649 Mister California

Suite 1703 VenTiki

Suite 1749 Cat Eye

Suite 1803 Tonga Hut

Suite 1849 Casbah

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2016-08-19 11:59 ]

Don't Forget: Purple Orchid's Up & Down Club in The Glass Elevator Tonight @ 10pm......WooHoo!

On 2016-08-19 08:47, WooHooWahine wrote:
Friday Room Party Schedule

10pm

Suite 1549 Pagan Idol

Suite 1603 Golden Tik

Suite 1703 VenTiki

Suite 1749 Cat Eye

Suite 1803 Tonga Hut

Suite 849 Casbah

Casbah's in #1849 isn't it?

Saturday Day Parties
Off The Radar Room 1448
PARTAY Experience Room 1823

Saturday Night Parties
5:30pm Tiki Broker - Atrium

8pm
Kahuna Kevin Room 1823

10pm

Suite 1603 Golden Tik

Suite 1703 VenTiki

Suite 1749 Cat Eye

Suite 1803 Tonga Hut

Suite 1849 Casbah

Mahalo! Mahalo to All The Hosts for throwing The Room Parties of The Year! We really appreciate all the Time & Effort you put into providing drinks, entertainment, and late night fun for the masses. See You Next Year........Woohoo!

*Room Party Winners will be announced @ noon today at the pool.

Thank You to Our Judges; Chris Haas, Don Haas, Rob Roy, Roger Britan, Kelly Merrell, Ken Caldretti, and Dave & Rebecca Fernandez.

The Tiki Oasis Room Party Winners......WooHoo!!

Best Room Decor

The People's Choice Award

Best Cocktail

Best Room Party

CongraDs all

Glad to see Pagan Idol won --- those guys can PARTY! Both bartenders were great, I can't believe they kept up that level of energy all night long. On Friday night as I was leaving ~3:30am, I met the tall bartender in the hall where he was coming back from the hotel ice machine with a full bucket of ice because the ice in the room ran out ... don't forget those guys hosted a Sip'n'Shop booth too so they were kicking ass for like 15 hours straight.

The DJ was AMAZING (Tanoa Stewart btw https://www.facebook.com/tanoa & http://www.atownagency.com/ ) and Szandora the hula hoop dancer??? FUGHETTABOUTIT!!! https://www.facebook.com/MizzSzandoraLaVey/ koff wheresmynitroglycerinepills

T

Special shout out to Big Ed, Tiki Broker for putting together his last tiki party at Tiki Oasis. Officially it was his first party entered into the T O room crawl, all the other parties in years past were just for fun, a lot of fun. Arnie and Doug DoRr did an amazing job putting together the Creature of the Miniature Golf event. This year Big Ed had two bartenders. Rick poured cocktails on one side of the course while David made an outstanding cocktail that had the guests coming back for more. He served over 250 of his cocktails. Ed even had two beautiful ladies serving shots of A O Tequila. This year David outdid himself. He and his wife Celia made a 7' Frankenstein, a shrunken head pinata, a picture frame that guests used to memorize the bash. Congratulations Big Ed Tiki Broker on winning the people's choice award.

Thanks to all the judges for their hard work, especially Soccertiki & Woohoowahine! Thanks to everyone who came to my party, we had a great time putting it all together.

Here are those recipes by me. Give em a try! Feel free to post them anywhere, please give me (Treg) credit.

Still can't believe I won. It was a lot of work and I made these recipes in less than 3 weeks.

If you liked the art you saw, you can grab some for yourself at http://www.aladang.com
If you want to see more of my drinking adventures, you can follow me on Instagram @ThirstyThursdaysSD.

Until next year!

Tikivato - Sorry I didn't make it to your party, looks like it was a great time!

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2016-08-26 16:32 ]

T

On 2016-08-26 16:31, lunavideogames wrote:
Tikivato - Sorry I didn't make it to your party, looks like it was a great time!

Treg,
It was a great time. I only played a small part in the party. All props go to Big Ed, my brother David, to Arnie and Doug DoRr. I will definitely have to make it to your room party next year. Your drinks really look good. Congrats on your well deserved award.

Indeed - Belated but very well deserved Congratulations to Treg for the Best Cocktail win! Yours were by far the best drinks we had all Weekend. Wish we could've stayed longer (dang symposium scheduling.) Can't wait to see what comes next.

Sorry we missed the mini golf party - Too much fun in too many different places at once!

Pages: 1 39 replies