Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TC at Long Beach Tiki Beach Fest Aug. 23-24

Pages: 1 25 replies

Aloha, Gang!
Many Tiki Centralites will be showing off their art and performing at this grand event and many more TC'ers will be taking in the sights. Since there is no comprehensive website for the Beach Fest, please reply to this post about what you'll be showing/carving/painting/selling/performing so all of us can get a good idea of how great this is going to be. I'll start:

The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa will be performing at the luau on Saturday evening. We'll be accompanying the cocktail and appetizer reception starting at 6:00, we like to think of it as music to pu-pu to. The cost of the luau is $25 and will include drinks, apps, lomi salmon, kalua pork, poi... the works! There will also be a full polynesian spectacular. For tickets and info, please call (562) 434-1542. Also, we are thrilled to be joined on upright bass that evening by internationaly known jazz bass player Larry Steen http://www.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Steen,_Larry/
What a gig this is gonna be!

-Iuka

[ Edited by: Iuka Grogg on 2003-08-14 11:14 ]

We are going to be set up at the event selling our wares.

I'm retiring my current design for the leather-bound tiki flask and making a new one. so I have about seven flasks left $30. ea.

New designs and colors of our boy-beater T's, as well as a men's T in brown and black. Hope to also have a kids softball T.

New tiki keychain and necklace designs( Tiki Bob and hawaiian Eye style plus ...).

Outdoor tiki bar and stools.
Troical plants and hand=crafted purses.

And of course some carvings ,along with my trademark tiki/furniture.(carved stools and maybe a table).
I'm setting up a lounge area in my space with some thatch umbrellas so we can all enjoy the talented KING KUKULELE perform on the mini stage. He'll be driving all the ladies wild on Saturday with his grass skirt.

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2003-08-14 13:58 ]

thechikitiki wrote:
I'm retiring my current design for the leather-bound tiki flask and making a new one. so I have about seven flasks left $30. ea.

Ah yes, I've seen them and they are cool! Chiki, why retire them already? You ought to keep them going, at least until your website gets up an running!

New tiki keychain and necklace designs( Tiki Bob and hawaiian Eye style plus ...)

Hawaiian Eye! Did you say Hawaiian Eye? I need one of those!

M

I'll be hangin out at the gig. I was going to sell but I don't think the vintage Hawaiiana collectors will be there.
Maybe, I'm wrong.

MTK~
Are you kidding? You've got great stuff to sell! I'd be a seller if I had your collection! Umm...ok, I'd actually KEEP all of it myself, but since you're in the Hawaiiana selling biz, I'd setup if I were you. Also, alot of the local TC HT's haven't seen what you have to offer.

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

MT,
You should definitely setup a booth out there. I might even buy a few mugs from you like I did at Da Show in 2002. Remember?

M

I'll check and see if there is still space available.
I think that the Tiki bEach Fest will probably be more laid back than Da Show.

I don't think that we have to set up at 2:00am.

Pop... What mugs did I sell you? Was it a boxed set of suffering bastards for $20.00? Or was it the TV kava bowl for $5.00 (man what a fool I was).
:tiki:

Hey MTK,

Remember, I get first shot if you're gonna turn the Sam's mug!

M

Dude,
When the time comes.... she's yours.

On 2003-08-14 13:55, thechikitiki wrote:

Hi Chikitiki,
Do you have a photo of your flask, and where can I buy it? Thanks (See, your selling them right now!)

On 2003-08-14 15:59, MTKahuna wrote:
Pop... What mugs did I sell you? Was it a boxed set of suffering bastards for $20.00? Or was it the TV kava bowl for $5.00 (man what a fool I was).
:tiki:

It was the Steve Crane Bird of Paradise Bowl for $6.00. I was the cheap bastard that pissed you off remember?

Just kidding. But in all seriousness, I did buy a tall Toby Designs mug and Hawaii Kai moai mug from you. When I first met you at Sam's Seafood I kept thinking "where do I know this guy from? He looks familiar..." When I went to Da Show 2003 and saw you in your booth then I remembered.

just one question - Long Beach is a big place - where in Long Beach, (ie, what cross streets) - is this event? Is this Saturday the same day as the premiere of the East Indies room? (oh well, 2 questions...)

On 2003-08-15 10:36, Hanalei_Pirate wrote:
just one question - Long Beach is a big place - where in Long Beach, (ie, what cross streets) - is this event? Is this Saturday the same day as the premiere of the East Indies room? (oh well, 2 questions...)

The Tiki Beach Festival will be at the Granada Street Launch Ramp starting with a sunrise ceremony. It is indeed on the same day as the premiere of the East Indies room A great day to take in all that Long Beach has to offer!

-Iuka G.

I will be selling some of the same items that I had at the Tiki Oasis-a mix of hawaiian and tiki: Aloha Rags w/ tiki material (can be used for bar towels, baby burp rags, whatever you want), hanging monkey sets, hula highball glasses, insulated beach totes and beach mats, tiki candles, bath and body stuff, etc. I have some new tiki items as well: tiki tealight holders, magnets, mugs and some really cool items available for preorder: clocks, "The Tiki Bar is Open" doormat, fountains and big 'ol floor vases for your palm tree! Please stop on by and introduce yourself!

Gina
http://www.coconutkissgifts.com

I will be selling too!

I'm going to sell grains of sand! 1 $ a grain. Cheap!! Just slide your cash through my truck window. Be honost cause the Tiki God will be watching!

What time is everyone showing up? What time do the vendors get to start selling?

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: polynesianpop on 2003-08-22 08:30 ]

I think we start selling about 10 am.

Aloha! Do any of you have directions to get to the Granada Street launch ramp? Please poste 'em! I and all the Gents and The Mysterious MML would greatly appreciate it. Mapquest ain't helping me none. Mahalo!

-Iuka

If you are coming to the Fest, bring your beach chairs. I'm setting up a lounge area with a little shade to kick it and watch Ole King Kukulele do his thing.

Just in..........

Bring some cash to this event and stop on by Crazy Al's space. If you're lucky, you might be able to take home a "Collaberation Tiki Bar!!" First time in history (and hopefully the last(arrrrrr!!), I let someone build a bar with me (actually 2 bars). So, stop on by and pick up the first in a "Very Limited" series and give C'Al a big, loud, ARRRRRR!!!

Every one made fun of my extremely white legs yesterday I'm not going today!!! Nah I had to work today, good way to spend a Saturday yesterday though, hanging out at the beach with a few freinds. King Kook was hassling the crowd, oh I'm sorry I meant entertaining the crowd, while Tiki Diablo carved a tiki bob for the crowd.

I wasn't the only one making fun of them legs? For a second, I thought you had some tube socks pulled to your knees. Good to see all who stopped by and chilled with us.

Stopped by and picked up a cool light switch cover from Crazy Al. Hoping to meet some TC members there but I don't know what anyone looks like.

CA

Thanks for all the Support! This guy Fred puts this thing on every year and wants to go bigger next year with three to four days including a music/film festival. He is a Great Host. We finished up late last night with a great Brazilian based funk band and watched surf movies in the sand on a big ol rear projected screen! DVD!

see you next year.

This is the tiki that ChikiTikiDiablo was carving as King played. The combination of those two was very entertaining, in an Abbott and Costello kind of way.

BEHOLD - TIKI ROBERTO:

Pages: 1 25 replies