Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Forbidden Island Tiki Mug II Brown

Pages: 1 10 replies

J
S

Couldn't you have just updated your Ooga-mooga thread about the mugs you have for sale and listed the eBay links in there instead of wasting space and creating a new thread for each individual mug?

J

No. I couldn't. The rules of the marketplace state that a post about an ebay listing must be designated as such and there's even a special box to check for such posts. So I chose to comply with Tiki Central rules rather than make my listings unobtrusive for you.

I think what Swizzle is trying to say is that you could put all the auctions on one post like this...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=50998&forum=12&0

Hope it helps :)

J

I'm trying to sell some mugs here folks. There's no way to fit the names of all the mugs I'm selling in one thread title, so I chose separate threads instead so people will know what I'm selling without having to even open the thread. So folks who are looking for what I'm selling, know that's what I have without having to look that hard. And if you don't want what I'm selling, you're welcome to scroll through to the next topic.

T

Well, its hard to scroll to the next topic, cause you're the next 12 topics

J

On 2016-06-02 21:32, TikiPug wrote:
cause you're the next 12 topics

Only 9, but whatever ... the auctions are all over now anyway. And I thought you, of all people, would understand, Jason.

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2016-06-03 07:41 ]

T

Hey people ripping on you got this post to 325 views!
It may be the most active post on TC last week.
Plus it was a new post not some old post crammed down our throats every day.:)

Man mug prices are down, some of those went for less than when first bought.

PS this goes on with other people on TC and not a thing is said, just sayin.

Good luck with your sales Jen.

J

Thanks Skip! The auctions actually did fairly well. They all went for more than I paid for any of them, in some cases A LOT more than I paid, and all fairly close to the average price sighting on Ooga-Mooga. So I guess I get the last laugh since my tactics appeared to have worked! Thanks haters!

T

On 2016-06-03 06:40, JenTiki wrote:

On 2016-06-02 21:32, TikiPug wrote:
cause you're the next 12 topics

Only 9, but whatever ... the auctions are all over now anyway. And I thought you, of all people, would understand, Jason.

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2016-06-03 07:41 ]

I completely understand. And i understand how to do 1 post for ALL my auctions at once. That's all that was I was saying

T

When I do posts on eBay sales here on TC I don't like to put like
five sales on the same page or do one page that you for many years put
notices of your sales on over and over.
The reason I don't want to do it these ways is that the viewers may see this same post
a post they have seen many times may think it is old news and not a new and different
sale.

If you look at the hits on a post with like five sales in a list on the same page
you will find the first sale on the top of the list gets the most views and
it goes down from there as you go down the list.

Why is this, who knows it could be peoples short attention spans.

I don't see it as a big deal really as there is TONS of BS posts on TC that
nobody seams to care about.
Jen did not even do the "hey here's some post about nothing just to bump me to the top" thing.

Pages: 1 10 replies