Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Hello new here and I have the bug! See what I have started and please help with advice!

Pages: 1 3 replies

So this is what I have started Memorial Day weekend, thanks to you guys! Man am I going nuts just thinking about it I can't sleep! So please any input is really appreciated..(stain,Bar top, etc..) I have ordered some thatch that is just temporary I still have a few walls to put up and we'll that's where I need your input! Thanks again in advance..sorry if I'm rambling had a few rum drinks;) oh and I am noooo carpenter! ?

[ Edited by: windycitytiki 2016-06-02 20:05 ]

BB

It seems like the sky's the limit when you come down to it. Can't wait to watch the progress!

T

Don't know if you saw this thread or not, but it may help.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=43018&forum=20&93

And I would say go slow, Don't buy everything that is ok or kind of the right thing for your bar.
Wait and the perfect thing will come along.
Lotsa of tiki nuts when they start buy every piece of tiki or tiki like thing they see and in the end have all this crap they wish they had not bought.

Me included.
Good luck!

L

As another newbie who is about six weeks ahead of you in the process I can only echo the comments above , I started collecting stuff 4 months before I started building my bar and most of it is lying around in boxes in the dining room floor and will probably end up on ebay as I got a bit carried away initially and didn't realise what I was getting in to .
Read as many threads on here as time allows and after my trial run last weekend I would say a sink/wet bar is fairly essential given the somewhat 'sticky' nature of Rum based cocktails and weather proof as much as you can .I used a two-part floor varnish for my bar top and it worked out great , rock hard and shiny as a shiny thing can be , I guess you dont have this brand in the states but there will be something similar in Home Depot etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rustins-PCGL1000-Plastic-Coating-Hardener/dp/B002HMXR18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464984115&sr=8-1&keywords=rustins+plastic+coating

Take your time and build it with love and you will be fine.

Regards,

Mark.

[ Edited by: lavish88 2016-06-03 14:11 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies