Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

drink question for all you drink experts

Pages: 1 9 replies

O

I'm sure this has been said before and if it has i'm sure SCD will let me know.

Alright, to the question, in the Grog log on page 91 Trader Vics punch, it has a reciep for 30. well, 30 is a little much, does any one have a reciep for a smaller serving size, like one or two.

Mahalo

Wouldn't you just divide the measurements for 30 people by 15 to get a serving for 2 people?

Trader Vic Punch for 30 people:
24 lemons
24 oranges
6 ounces orgeat syrup
6 ounces sugar syrup
1-1/2 fifths light Puerto Rican Rum
1-1/2 fifths dark Jamaican Rum

dividing it by 15 would give you:
1.6 lemons
1.6 oranges
0.4 ounces orgeat syrup
0.4 ounces sugar syrup
2.55 ounces light Puerto Rican Rum
2.55 ounces dark Jamaican Rum

Just a mathematical guess.

SugarCaddyDaddy's SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule!

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-08-15 01:25 ]

Or perhaps you could live it up a little and make 3 drinks - just divide by 10!

Trader Woody

C

Am I the only one that looked at that recipe and thought, "Thirty?! Ten, maybe."

That's like the pint of ice cream that 'serves four'. :)

"I drank what?!" - Socrates

[ Edited by: CornTiki on 2003-08-15 08:05 ]

O

as i'm not the best with measurements i didn't know what the 1 1/2 fifths would be in ounces. so i could have just asked, what a fifth equated to in ounce? but i though maybe someone might have already tried this out and had the measurements. thank you for the responses, i will have to try SCD mathamatical formula out.

T

Hey OCT!

A fifth = 1/5 of a gallon.

or 25.36 ounces.

I think SCD recipe should work though you might want to adjust the fresh juice to taste. Just my thought.

If you need help to see how many people it would take to drink this amount, then I'll be right over.

30? Damn...I always though that was for one! No wonder I could only get halfway through it...

On 2003-08-15 01:25, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
Wouldn't you just divide the measurements for 30 people by 15 to get a serving for 2 people?

Just a mathematical guess.

Hey Sugah' you been hangin' around me too long. Your reply sounds a bit 'Bongish'! :}

Of course... You could just wait until Saturday and then drink all thirty of 'em and not have to worry about it until Monday Morning...

Pages: 1 9 replies