Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Who knows this shirt?

Pages: 1 9 replies

Aloha!

Some months ago I found an Aloha shirt online (via eBay) which really caught my interest. However, the size was too small and didn't buy it (and the auction is gone since long). But I think of this wonderful shirt really everyday since and would like to see if someone maybe can recognize it by these clues below.

This is what (I think) I remember:
The fabric is mostly Orange with some quite large robust patters filled in white black and white.
A vertical stripe runs over the chest with brown Ku-Tikis filled with white background. The width of the stripe (and length of the Tikis) is about 5.5 inches (14 cm).
I didn't see the brand tag in the photos but it looks like a late 60's or early 70s shirt.

I would be really thankful and impressed if someone knows a bit more in this matter. I've gone through thousands of eBay auctions now and can't find it no more but it's still on my mind every day :)

Mahalo! / Mattias

Mattias! I don't think that anyone will respond to a VERBAL description of something as purely visual as a Hawaiian shirt...no photo, no dice.

Did it have 5 buttons or 6?

Photos are a must !

On 2016-06-21 11:59, bigbrotiki wrote:
Mattias! I don't think that anyone will respond to a VERBAL description of something as purely visual as a Hawaiian shirt...no photo, no dice.

You're probably very right, Sven! I also thought so. Although I optimistically hoping that someone happens to prove us wrong :wink: Haha...
More sleepless night to come... :)

On 2016-06-21 14:58, Phillip Roberts wrote:
Did it have 5 buttons or 6?

Haha.. Can't remember. But if the other descriptions match, I'm eager to hear :)

On 2016-06-21 15:40, 1961surf wrote:
Photos are a must !

I'll keep on looking!

Did it look like any of these?

On 2016-06-21 16:15, MaukaHale wrote:
Did it look like any of these?

Unfortunately not :(

[ Edited by: always on the beach 2016-06-21 16:17 ]

T

Booiiing!

Winner winner Chicken dinner.

Beavis And Butthead - Boing!