Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

New Tiki Bar in the works

Pages: 1 16 replies

Hello everyone.
It's been a little while since I've been active on this forum, but I've been watching occasionally. Especially when I want to look at home tiki bars and dream. Well this year, I can finally say, that at 35 years old I've finally bought my first home, and now that I have my own place, I can finally start on my dream of making a my very own tiki bar! Finally. So here is the start.

Before:

Real quick-like last night I hung some bamboo, just to get a start.

Congrats on the new house. Looks like you have a decent area to work with. Nice with the pool view right outside of it. Any idea what direction you're going with it?

Congrats on the new house. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Thanks!

I do have a general direction in mind, but I imagine it will change overtime. Since it's a relatively small space, I'm initially planning on more of a bar type space than a full lounging area that I'd really like, but we'll see how everything pans out.

I started over this weekend though, by painting the walls, so that the aged old paneling wasn't what was poking through behind the bamboo.

It's a decent little start, but eventually I'll have to start getting some decor in there. As well as anything that isn't a couple of camping chairs! Haha

I've decided after a couple times of using the small room, I've come to the conclusion that there just isn't enough space to actually use as a bar in there. So I've decided to tear the room out and convert the entire garage into a bar.

Here's a couple photos of the tear down process

And here's a couple photos of the bar I picked up that will eventually end up out in the garage. Right now though it's in the dining room so we can use it over the holidays.

H

Nice bar and floor lamp, looking forward to progress pictures.

Yup
Kool bar

Your off to a great start. Don't feel like you have to build it all at once. New ideas can develop along the way.

Sorry for the photo heavy post, but I thought I'd share some photos from my New Year celebration.

Hope you all had a great Holiday season.

Cheers to the New Year.

Made up some custom Menus and Coasters as well.

Even the dog had a good time!

I love the custom menus and coasters. The room looks great, I bet it was a fun party, happy New Year!

Well it's been a little while since the last time I updated this post. Haha. But I have been working on it slowly.

Then I got a bunch of salvaged hard wood flooring, so everything got ripped apart again...

As it is right now. I'll take some better looking photos later tonight, after dark.

Wow! That's hardwood flooring looks great on the wall! Your space is going to be killer when it's finished. I know I've been frustrated with the slow progress on my own build, but a little bit here and a little bit there really adds up over time. Keep at it, and keep sharing your progress photos!

That looks like a great place to relax!

Thanks guys! It's still got a long way to go for sure. It also doesn't help I have to share the space with my actual garage which I keep my bikes in. Plus occasionally park a car in during the winter months, if I know we're going to be getting some snow. Still have to keep it somewhat practical and weather proof.

Here's a better picture during actual relaxing hours.

On 2018-10-09 14:15, nicholauslee wrote:
Thanks guys! It's still got a long way to go for sure. It also doesn't help I have to share the space with my actual garage which I keep my bikes in. Plus occasionally park a car in during the winter months, if I know we're going to be getting some snow. Still have to keep it somewhat practical and weather proof.

Here's a better picture during actual relaxing hours.

This is a great start! I've been converting my garage for about a year. My garage also has to park a car in, so half is set up like a lounge, and when it's time to entertain we pull the car out and move the furniture. Would love to see more pics as you update!

Pages: 1 16 replies