Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Happy Birthday Al! Caliente Style Sept. 13 &14!

Pages: 1 37 replies

Here is an invitation to all you Hoity Toities & Tiki Ohana,

Al (Alnshely) is going to be celebrating his upcoming birthday Caliente Tropics Style! I hear there are quite a few September birthdays amoung our Tiki Centralites, so come on out the the Tropics for a Big Ol'Birthday Bash weekend!

We will celebrate Al's birthday by chillin' by the pool, listenin' to some tiki tunes, swillin' more than several mai tais and soakin' up the desert sun. We will have to toss Al in the pool 42 times in honor of this "special birthday"! So come on out because I need some help lifting him up and throwing him in the pool.

Many of you received a 2 for 1 at the Caliente after the Oasis, and the vouchers will expire on Sept. 18th so get yourself in party mode and get out there!

Looking forward to seeing you at the CT for this TC Spectacular!

-Shell in the Pacific, Pearly Shell, Firi Firi Tiki

Hey Casey, how much are the rooms in late September?

I am one of the Septemberites:
September 4, here

Drat! Since I stayed with Holden at Oasis III, I don't have a voucher. Maybe I can still come out if it ain't too pricey.

I'm a Septemberite too - 9/11. No kidding!

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-08-15 15:27 ]

Pop, you share the same, now somewhat overshadowed, birthdate with Scott Patterson, Luke Danes of the Gilmore Girls and Mr. "Spongeworthy" from Seinfeld.

PJ (9/27)

D

And Kristy McNichol...Happy Birthday Virgo Babies! I'm one too! Sept 18th.

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-08-15 19:04 ]

9/9/64 here.

I'll be 30 with 9 years experience.

oh no... i am missing yet another hoity toity event - i feel so sad :(

just posted the news for my painting show on the same weekend... well, we'll swing a toast for the september babies from a few miles away...

September 24, 1969

30 years old with 4 years experience. I like that aging methd SCD

DawnTiki Mrs. Larry Lava's birthday is September 18th too!

H

Hey, this sounds great! I'm another Sept. bday (Sept. 25). I didn't make it down for Int'l Tiki Day (sorry guys, the weather was just too nice up here, gotta enjoy my last Seattle summer!), so I still need to come down there to scout out a place to live, and hopefully, hopefully score a few interviews. Plus, I really miss you guys.

Coincidentally, my mom just broke up with her boyfriend, and she'd scheduled vacation time starting the 13th that she doesn't know what to do with. So, it sounds like the two of us will be hitting the Caliente Tropics! I can't wait for you guys to meet my mom, she'll rock your socks off. Except for those not wearing socks, in which case she'll rock your gold nail polish off.

I'm going to work out the details in the next few days, but I think I'll try to be in LA/Pasadena during the whole week after that weekend.

Hey guys! Please make your reservations soon, as that weekend is starting to pick-up. We won't sell-out, but the rates will go up with the demand, on all the sites where we are listed. You can always cancel three days out.

And, I'm sorry to say, I will be in SF/Marin that weekend for a baby shower.

Just so you know, I'm adding a second bartender that weekend. Not only will there be tikiphiles, there is a smallish class reunion that will probably use the REEF for their informal hangout.

Mahalo!

Time to bump this back to the top. It's time to use up those 2 for 1 Caliente coupons!

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Aug 27, 2003 9:00 PM

Sounds like a fun time, whish I could make it! Happy Birthday to all you Septemberites!

I'm mailing all of you a 6ft tiki carved by me for your birthdays for FREE!!! Because I love you guys! Just send me your addresses(sp?)

all you have to pay is shipping.....$1500. hehehe

Aloha birthday kanes & wahines!

GECKO TIKI wrote:
I'm mailing all of you a 6ft tiki carved by me for your birthdays for FREE!!! Because I love you guys! Just send me your addresses(sp?)
all you have to pay is shipping.....$1500.

Let's see there are 12 of us (so far) with birthdays in September:

Al
SCD
Tiki-bot
PolyPop
Humuhumu
DawnTiki
Florentina
PurpleJade
Tikifille
ShipWreckJoey
MonkeyMan
Mrs.LarryLava

So you divide $1500.00 by 12 = $125.00 each!

Cool Gecko! A 6 foot carved tiki for each of us for $125 each! That's a deal! I'm in!

Er, I'm born in September too! really! (ahem)

Ok, new addition, new lower price!

Al
SCD
Tiki-bot
PolyPop
Humuhumu
DawnTiki
Florentina
PurpleJade
Tikifille
ShipWreckJoey
MonkeyMan
Mrs.LarryLava
TikiVixen

So you divide $1500.00 by 13 = $115.39 each for 13 individually carved, 6 foot tikis by Gecko!

Great! Ok, Gecko, do you want one or 13 (so far) money orders!

:D

SugarCaddyDaddy's SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule!

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-08-28 00:13 ]

H

Okay, I just took care of my reservation for Saturday night. Mom & I are going to be in OC Friday night, and we're going to drive over Saturday morning. The room rates are a steal! It's gonna be a scorcher, that's for sure, but hell, that's what the pool & tropical drinks are for! I'm looking forward to getting a peek at how the Reef bar has been coming along.

Any TCers' birthdays are worth celebrating, but I'm excited at this opportunity to give Sane Al some special recognition: he went to great lengths to keep many of us steadily supplied with what were possibly the best drinks to be had at Tiki Oasis III, he's always ready to share his bottomless well of tiki knowledge with a patient smile, and he's got a cute wife, to boot! Al rocks! Every day should be his birthday!

Sooooo.... who exactly is coming?

M

A BIG Happy Caliente Birthday to you'se.

:drink:

S

9/15/56...I don't think I can make it, but it'll help with the postage.

Happy Birthday, Al...... Dave...June 22, 1970 (Hukilau was my super-birthday present!)

For all of those who are coming, I expect some honest feedback on the REEF. We're still learning, but our repetoire (sp?) is expanding.

We're working on our "core" selection, but I'll wait to define it and print it on menus until after I get your input. Also, I need you guys to make a few suggestions (after observing) on what liquor we should add to be more complete.

John and Robert are excited about seeing the group and welcome your suggestions.

Everybody make a point of getting to know Vivian, our keyboard/vocalist. I might be able to get her to bring-in some of her friends as well.

Mahalo!

Happy birthday to my fellow Virgos. Yes, I'm one too. (Sept. 9) Won't be able to make it to the Tropics, but have a Mai Tai for me anyway. And hey did anyone realize that BigBroTiki's birthday was yesterday I think? Happy Birthday Sven, where ever you are.

F

I registered and it is only $65.00 a night for a single room with a king. Junior Suites with 2 doubles are available for $110.00. Pretty good!

F

We are actually planning on being there Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon, so the nights we're really staying are Sept. 12 and 13. Use up those 2-for-1 coupons from the Oasis.

Happy Birthday Al! Swanky and I will be in Ft. Lauderdale planning Hukilau 2004 and will have several cocktails in your honor at the Mai Kai - any everyone else who has a bday in September!

TikiKiliki, maybe you'll need to call a cab afterwards since, to date, there are 14 of us TC'ers with birthdays in September. That's alot of cocktails...7 for you, and 7 for Swanky!

(go to my calendar, click "month" at the top and see all the birthdays marked with the 'birthday cake' icon)

SVEN HAPPY BELATED B-DAY (Thank you Vintage Girl). Al, I won't be able to make it but happy birthday bro - thanks for the many hangovers!

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Sep 3, 2003 12:05 AM

SCD.....................................................Smart ass!

Happy B-Day to you all and a special wun to my peeps Al & Shell for takin' care of me while I was ova on da mainland!

September 21st, 19umublemumble...

Am I being added to the postage list or "drink a Mai Tai for me" list?

The large number of September b-days here on Tiki Central is really bizarre.

SCD... What is our bday tally at now with the addition of Freddie?

I guess that the large number of September birthdays means our parents were 'gettin busy' a Christmas and New Year's...

F

What does "seasonal rate" mean to you?

Earlier in this thread I was all excited that I was able to register for a room at the Caliente and it was $65 a night on the 12th and 13th. When I registered, I noted that I was in possession of the 2-nights-for-one coupon and I would like to use it next weekend.

Last night I received an email from someone on the staff at Caliente and he informed me that if I wanted to use my coupon, I would have to pay the "seasonal rate" of $115 dollars a night if I wanted to use the coupon.

SO, what does "seasonal rate" mean? I realize that the rates fluctuate throughout the year, depending upon the season/demand. Therefore I thought the "seasonal rate" was the $65 that the room cost on that weekend. It was inexpensive since it is still technically summer and really roasting hot there!

I could just book 2 nights at $65 as offered at the website - $130, or I could use my coupon and pay $115! My great promotional coupon only saves me $15. Wow. I feel like I have been baited and switched but it's my fault because I wasn't wise to the meaning of "seasonal rate".

On 2003-09-03 11:55, Monkeyman wrote:
The large number of September b-days here on Tiki Central is really bizarre.

Yeah, I guess it's kind of a drinking season... It might answer some questions about the alcohol content of some of the posters here...

15 so far.

T

My Birthdate: 9/24/58

Wish I could make it! Actually, I've wanted to make it to any of the West Coast events over the past few months. In fact, I've been quite envious of all you that can go to these deals, and in the words of Stewie from "The Family Guy", have been thinking to myself "Damn you all to the bowels of Hell!" But that wouldn't be too sporting. I will be getting to one of these shindigs , as soon as the big check comes in. So until then...

Happy September Birthdays!

[ Edited by: tikigreg on 2003-09-04 17:33 ]

Happy Birthday Al! Hope Macaroni Grill treated you's well! Have a blast next weekend with all! Wish we could make it but we have previous plans. (Black Flag Reunion on Friday!!! It's gonna be a punk rock weekend!! Where's Holden anyway, he's on the other side of the album!!!)

Best wishes Al, and all the rest of you September birthday babies! Hope you all have fun at the Tropics.

Hey Al,

here's wishing you and the rest of the September cetralites a happy birthday. Have a great time at the Tropics. I wish I could join you this weekend, but other commitments prevent it (which seems to be happening a lot lately). I'm sure I'll see you soon at something.

-- Paul

Pages: 1 37 replies