Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

'Headache Styled' Hula Lamp

Pages: 1 10 replies

I read some posts on this forum about Hula Lamps..& i'm interested in buying one. Even though i already have a repro Hula Lamp by Charles Moore which is amazing.. but now i'd love to have an original 'headache styled' one by Dodge!

Anyone on this forum who sells or have original 'headache styled' Hula Lamps in good condition...please let me know kindly. :)

PS. if anyone's interested in seeing the Hula lamp that i have.. here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzLlJjIaZQ :D

100 views already & NOT a single reply from the expert members here? Sad :(

8T

On 2016-08-11 00:51, thecollectorbabe wrote:

Hello Collectorbabe. Well here is a single reply although it is not going to be exactly what you wanted. I don't own this lamp you are searching for but I hope you find one some day. Please be patient and don't expect an instant response every time you post here. We all have had times when we thought a topic would take off and it just didn't for whatever reason. The members of Tiki central are not all experts. It is not that type of forum. You will find many members here that are VERY knowledgeable about many subjects but perhaps no one here owns such a lamp or has one to sell. Maybe they do not want anyone else to know they have one (privacy). Please do not be sad. Keep searching and return with pictures when you do acquire an original lamp. Then we can learn from YOU.

If by “headache style” you mean the dancer holding her hands to her head there’s a couple on E-bay right now-one at $149, one at $236
Good luck
Btw, I’m no expert

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2016-08-11 23:11 ]

T

Har, three posts and your ticked about being blown off.

Wait till you have 3959 posts plus ten years and still get blown off!
The last three times I posted, two were a "hey your great" and the other was an answer
about thatch did not even get a F-ing thanks or reply of any kind.

I have greatly stopped posting answers or "hey your greats" any more cuz it don't pay.

good luck finding your lamp, they must sell like 100 a year on eBay.
That's your place to go.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2016-08-12 07:04 ]

On 2016-08-11 07:37, 8FT Tiki wrote:

On 2016-08-11 00:51, thecollectorbabe wrote:

Hello Collectorbabe. Well here is a single reply although it is not going to be exactly what you wanted. I don't own this lamp you are searching for but I hope you find one some day. Please be patient and don't expect an instant response every time you post here. We all have had times when we thought a topic would take off and it just didn't for whatever reason. The members of Tiki central are not all experts. It is not that type of forum. You will find many members here that are VERY knowledgeable about many subjects but perhaps no one here owns such a lamp or has one to sell. Maybe they do not want anyone else to know they have one (privacy). Please do not be sad. Keep searching and return with pictures when you do acquire an original lamp. Then we can learn from YOU.

Thanks for the kind words.. Appreciate it :)

On 2016-08-11 23:10, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
If by “headache style” you mean the dancer holding her hands to her head there’s a couple on E-bay right now-one at $149, one at $236
Good luck
Btw, I’m no expert

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2016-08-11 23:11 ]

The ones you are talking about aren't the original Dodge ones. They are reproduction lamp & that too colored. I'm looking for the bronze hula lamp by Dodge. Here's a YT video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvL0B8QWNOs

On 2016-08-12 07:00, tikiskip wrote:
Har, three posts and your ticked about being blown off.

Wait till you have 3959 posts plus ten years and still get blown off!
The last three times I posted, two were a "hey your great" and the other was an answer
about thatch did not even get a F-ing thanks or reply of any kind.

I have greatly stopped posting answers or "hey your greats" any more cuz it don't pay.

good luck finding your lamp, they must sell like 100 a year on eBay.
That's your place to go.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2016-08-12 07:04 ]

The ones that show up on ebay are shitty.. most of them are broken (hips don't move) or parts missing or in not very good condition.

I decided to post on this forum after reading this post: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30335&forum=5

A poster named '1961surf' has some pretty cool Hula lamps in his/her collection..so i thought he could help finding me one in good condition.. or if any other member here having one & wants to sell..

Thanks for the reply.
You can just do a thanks guys, or reply to each person in one post as well.

See we all learned something, that is eBay has not so good ones.
I should not say this but, the places to find these for cheap are the estate sales and
or church garage sales.
Man those churches sell stuff cheap.

BUT it may take a lifetime to find.
But while you look for this you will find that instead

Would guess one of those on that thread you posted with the clocks must cost a ton!
They are very cool!
But then something like that should at least hold it's value or go up in price.

I have never regretted paying lots for a really cool item.

Good luck!
And welcome to TC, hope it gets better but the outlook is bleak so we take it as it comes.

C

On 2016-08-23 09:36, Cavemoai wrote:
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Dodge-Inc-Cast-Metal-Hula-Lamp-Handpainted-Shade-32375451.html

Here's one...

That's a broken one.. hips don't move, the skirt is not original either, bent socket etc.. that's not worth buying..

Pages: 1 10 replies