Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

It's A Great Time To Tiki In Houston, Texas!!!

Pages: 1 0 replies

Houston, while nothing like the tiki mecca of California, is having a tiki awakening of it's own and Houston is certainly no stranger to the tiki hay days hosting a Trader Vic's (closed in '86) and others. Now with tiki bars and restaurants like Lei Low, Howie's Tiki, Hula Mamas and a host of other tasty bars with tiki drink menus Houston (and Texas for this matter) is filling up with grassroots tiki events started by what they call "Texas Tikiphiles" (simple everyday people that are ambassadors of tiki in the Great State of Texas). Events of late include the Texas Tiki Week (Austin/Houston) Texas Tiki Roundup (Austin), the Texas Tikiphiles Takeover Luau (Houston), amazing vintage events, mug releases and now Bamboo on the Bayou (Houston).

The fun doesn't stop there... Houston has amazing carving and building talent too; Jay Brooks (Aloha Texas Tiki Co), Roy Main, Big T, Della Meredith, Amate, Gulf Coast Palapas and more. Art!?!? Texas has that covered; Jason The Boozy Doodler, Cindy "Crash" Rashke; I know I'm going to miss so many!!! So I'll just mention Houston and Texas in general, doesn't lack bands or entertainment either (Clouseaux and Malia's Hula Hut Polynesian Dancers sorry that slipped). It's a great time to tiki in Houston, Texas!!!

Bamboo On The Bayou https://www.facebook.com/groups/608751025970165/

Pages: 1 0 replies