Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Cherry paints the town red ;-) and Thurston Howlies LIVE 9-13-03

Pages: 1 14 replies

Just wanted to invite you'all to the Artist Reception for my first painting show... The show is entitled
"Sparkles in Quick Sand"
Paintings inspired by Vintage Vegas Matchbooks

Here's the details:
ARTIST RECEPTION: Saturday September 13 from 6pm to 8pm
The Thurston Howlies will be gracing the Artist Reception with FREE live loungey entertainment with a few exotica songs thrown in.

SHOW DATES & HOURS: August 30 through October 31, 2003
LOCATION: Barsac Braserie, 4212 Lankershim Blvd. (between Ventura Blvd. and Moorpark Street) Universal City, CA 91602 (818) 760-7081

More information, including a preview of most of the paintings can be found on my website at http://www.cherrycapri.com

After you click on the Shag index page, look on the right side of the main page for a link to the show.

There will be a NO HOST bar - I will forewarn the bartenders to brush up on their Mai Tai making skills.

I hope I see some of my Hoity Toity friends there. If you are on our mailing list - expect to get a special color printout card in your mailbox soon!

[ Edited by: Cherry Capri on 2003-08-27 22:18 ]

Cherry,

I swear I'll make it to a show of yours soon. Unfortunately, I cannot make the 13th. I highly recommend to all other TC'rs that they attend. Both Cherry and CB are extremely talented folks and cannot imagine anything they did would not be fantastic.

Awe gee thanks bongy... we are sorry we missed the Sssssmokin' Menehuenes on Tiki Day... The only thing that kept us away was an overdose of Don Ho. I hope we get to see you guys soon.
I believe that C.B. was going to ask you about sitting in for a song... maybe next time? If there are other talented tiki-ites that might want to to sit in with da band, they should PM or email him to see what kinds of songs they are doing.

Cherry Baby!
I looked at your schedule.
Will you be playing up here in Monterey\Santa Cruz area in the near future.
I would love to see your act.
Just Wonderin,
Unga

Mahalo Cherry!

I'm new to this T.C. culture and to your music too. Although I have heard of you prior to getting on this site. Is (carrie) your drummer the x-drummer from the UnderCityKings from way back in the 80's. Would have been a punk band. Anywho....if I'm not playing a gig meeself that night, I'll be sure to check out youz guyz.

Johnny

p.s. hey unga!!?? How did you get that little cartoon to load on your posts. Totally cool!!

Johnny

never played with UnderCityKings, but my twin bro did have a stint with the johnny depp clones.
also, like to give a shout out to my fellow t.c. musicians who'd like to sit in with the howlies on the 13th. email me if you're interested, and we'll chat.
mahalo

I sent out a ton of invitations for Cherry, but the nasty post office machines tore the labels right off 20 or more envelopes and the blank envelopes got returned!

So now I don't know whose invitations didn't get sent. So if you were hoping to get one and didn't - email me right away and I'll send another little color postcard.

I had a sneek peek of the paintings last night. Get ready for the show and bring your dough. Viva Zapata.......err aaa Las Vegas!

Thank you chikitiki for helping me out with the framing...

The Thurston Howlies gig got mentioned in Los Angeles Magazine’s Happenings Guide under Fests and Fetes!

Just an FYI if you're thinking of going... it’s at a dress-up kind of restaurant, so wear something sparkly ok?

Got an invite in the mail - unfortunately won't be able to attend. But the paintings look fantastic! Very period-correct colors and compositions.

One last bump before tomorrow night...

I know lots of folks are heading for Big Al's B-Day, but if you can't make it all the way to P.S. come to S.C. (Studio City) for a Howlie good time...

Hi Cherry!

I hope your show, which is happening right now as I write, is a Super-Sonic Success!!!
If you ever make prints of your marvelous matchbook paintings, you KNOW I want to carry them in my "store". Thanks again for the posting!

Thanks Tiki Lee! We'l have to talk about that...

Also, thank you to my fellow tc-ers who made it down for the event. it was super swell to look out at a crowd of friendly tiki friend faces!
That's Amore!

Hope it was a blast ! I know those paintings are topnotch.

Pages: 1 14 replies