Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki decoration

Pages: 1 10 replies

N

Hi,
I'm brand new on Tiki Central. I'm a young beginner on Tiki decoration, and I'm wondering where I can buy Tiki Lamp (Lantern, Fish floating Ball, bamboo or wicker lamp, ... ) and decoration ? Of course i've check eBay and other website, But I need some help as a beginner to know the good place and recommandation you can give me.
I can give you some details about what I'm looking for exactly. I'm living in Vancouver (Canada) but I'm able to shop as well in the USA.

Thank you, and hope to read you soon,

Navras

tikiskip is the best tiki lamp maker on these boards, or just about anywhere. Do a site search on tikiskip or check out his threads in the making tiki & gallery forums.

Here are a few places you can look online:

http://www.oceanicarts.net/

http://www.bambooandthatchetc.com/

Thanks happy Buddha you are too kind.

And navras did contact me but I did not get back to you sorry for that.
Get many people that PM me about lights and I jump through all these hoops then there is no sale.
I measure the lights, give prices for the lights, then pictures, man it gets too close to a job that I just have not even tried to sell any lights.

I have some, don't know how many 15?

should just put some on eBay and get it over with.

Skip's lights are awesome, so definitely check him out. I've just expanded my bar (yikes!) and am definitely considering more additions from his fine line of lamps.

MAKE HIM WORK! :)

N

Thank you very much for your messages, I will checked out the websites and will definitely keep going in touch with Tiki Skip.

Really appreciate your help.

T

If you go to the bottom of the page here this is what I was going to take to the last tiki event.

They start at $40.00 for a small 4 inch by 19 inch float and go up to $100.00 and some but then you need to add shipping and Ins.
Ship to Canada is not cheap, the post office makes more than I do.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=18485&forum=18&start=840

T

Nice job, Skip!

Funny story... My wife shocked me by observing one of the lighting fixtures at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort this weekend, and she made a comment that she was trying to figure out how it was made. She enjoys tiki, but isn't as knowledgeable or committed to the same extent that many of us are. So despite my shock, I was really pleased that she did this. And I thought of you and your craftsmanship.

I got myself a nice Trader Sam's shirt out of the visit, and she got a nice tropical print dress. I'm not complaining! :)

On 2016-09-26 06:04, tikiskip wrote:

Sent ya a message about this.

Well ace did she figure it out?
I want to see what she comes up with.
Think I sent you a float light right? she can look at that one.
Hey I bet more floats were tied by women than men.

Waiting to hear from you Tiki Kaimuki.

Pages: 1 10 replies