Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Panorama Colorslide Travel Program - Hawaii (1960)

Pages: 1 0 replies

Super cool vintage device that allowed folks to travel around the world from their living rooms back in the 60's. This kit includes the projector and well as the slides and a picture book and record of Arthur Godfrey narrating the guided slide tour of....Hawaii! (There are other slides/books of tours of other exotic locations easily found on eBay and elsewhere.) I would bring this out for tiki tropical drink parties I hosted to give my guests a unique one-of-a-kind experience that I knew none of them had ever had before and were unlikely to have again. Great clean wholesome fun that gives a wonderful sense of nostalgia even if you weren't around in the 60's. Brings extra Aloha to any tiki party. A perfect audiovisual complement when serving Mai Tais. Asking only what I paid for the projector....$30....I found the book with the slides and record in a thrift store many years ago and I was too curious not to track down the projector so I could experience it myself and share the experience with friends. Enjoyed it over the years but time to pass it along. Available for pick up West Los Angeles. Comes with instructions but I am more than happy to show you the ropes.

Interested in this package but don't have a record player? I can supply you with a digitized MP3 of the narrated album! Aloha!

Pages: 1 0 replies