Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Help with strange bottle.

Pages: 1 12 replies

Just got this photo from a friend. Any help with what's inside?

Interesting, not many clues in the photo, I saved and then enlarged it. The bottle is cobalt blue, and the tape on the top of the bottle has an Italian quality statement -- Sigillo Garanzia -- which loosely translates to "quality guarantee" or "seal of quality" in English. I can't read more than that, I wish the photo of the back side of the seal was less fuzzy.

Here's a picture of a roll of labels with Italian words which seem to be a good match for the words visible on the tape at the top of the bottle:

I've spent 15 minutes on this, looking in various places, including a Google image matching attempt, and I came up with nothing. So who's going to be next and give it a try?

I don’t have a clue. The bulbous shape reminded me of Prosecco bottles.
I browsed 30 pages of images on Google And didn’t come close. Reminds me- try a french 75 with Prosecco instead of Champagne.
Cheers

8T

Well the fact that the label is missing is a real problem. Hard to sell if you don't know what that stuff is. I did some searching and it may not be a liquor bottle. It could be an obscure liqueur (hey that rhymes) or what it may turn out to be is either a balsamic vinegar or olive oil. My half hour of searching could not identify it either. NEXT!

I say open it and take a swig! :lol:

F

My bet is it is (or was) for olive oil.

F

Even more sure it's olive oil now. :wink:
http://wholesaleglassbottles.com/902003-250ml-clara-italian-colored-glass-bottle12-per-.html

http://oliveoilbottlepourspoutsite.blogspot.com/2012/08/olive-oil-cruet-set-8-oz-per-side-built.html

The squared edges at the top of the neck and the Italian seal gave it away...unless the bottles were used for another purpose, of course.

Abondanza!

Nice work, Finky!

That makes sense, it would be easy to drizzle EVOO out of a bottle like that

*On 2016-10-25 08:36, MadDogMike wrote:

Mike, I think these bottles would be very impressive for pouring syrups at our home bars. One drawback is that the design could collect dust, and with oil tending to already be a dust magnet, this may be a reason this design isn't more common out in the wild.

Good point Ace. The syrup would be a dust magnet too, you would have to wipe them down or rinse them at the end of the night.

Great work guys!

On 2016-10-25 09:10, AceExplorer wrote:
*On 2016-10-25 08:36, MadDogMike wrote:

Mike, I think these bottles would be very impressive for pouring syrups at our home bars. One drawback is that the design could collect dust, and with oil tending to already be a dust magnet, this may be a reason this design isn't more common out in the wild.

My bar is under an awning and a covered patio. Plenny dust. I always keep inverted plastic cups on all bottles.
I also wipe the tops of my syrup bottles before I close up for the night.
Btw, those bottles shown would look great on any bar.
Cheers

Pages: 1 12 replies