Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Jukebox

Pages: 1 4 replies

Hi, This is my first post, so please be gentle with me... I hope this is in the correct place but please move it if not. I live in the UK and am fairly new to all things Tiki. I have a very small Tiki Room which is about 8' x 6'and cannot compare in the slightest to lots of the amazing Tiki Rooms seen on the site. Finding anything Tiki in the UK is fairly hard and the cost of postage from the USA is crippling. I have tried to create my room on a very strict budget as I also have other interests/hobbies and have to spread my limited spending about.

I really enjoy trying to make items for my room and this site has been inspirational for me.

Below is a video of my Tiki Jukebox. It is working on an old XP computer linked to a touchscreen monitor. I have a conventional jukebox on it for when people come round who are not really into Tiki. This works as an old fashioned Jukebox with scrolling title cards etc playing 50s/60s music. The other screen is my Tiki Jukebox. I have this working as a radio/random mode. I usually have this running in the background whilst enjoying a drink and just sit and watch the various pictures in the screensaver mode. (Many of the pictures are borrowed from this site) The screensaver mode is part of the jukebox system rather than the 'normal' screensaver so that it plays over the jukebox and the jukebox can still play in the background. Really sorry for the quality of the video, it is hard to video, talk and operate jukebox. Well it is for me anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iK_JkFmHoA

Welcome Chris! Cool jukebox, what's the program you are running or is it something custom you have made?

I think it may be dwjukebox (dwjukebox.com).
Looks cool. If I wasn't already using Plex (plex.tv) to stream my videos and mp3s to any tv in the house via wifi, I'd probably look into it. A long time ago I used to use "Arcade Jukebox". It was cool but nowhere as customizable as this.

howlinowl

Nice idea. I like it when something different comes along.

Thanks for the replies. Yes it is operating on dwjukebox.

Pages: 1 4 replies