Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland 11 Sunday December 11! Vendors & Art Show at 2! High Tide performs at 6!

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

Holidays, AGAIN!?! They're just around the corner...

Please join us Sunday December 11th for our 11th annual Holiday themed event: Tiki Wonderland 11!!!

Parking lot sale & art show, begins at 2pm with holiday tunes outside provided by Big Tiki Dude
Then at 6pm HIGH TIDE will be playing The VENTURES Christmas album inside.
Durangos Tacos will be on hand as usual serving up their delicious fair of tacos, quesadillas, & burritos.

VENDING SPACES ARE TAKEN. To be put on the wait list please contact Eric October. Still taking art show submissions. For both please email: [email protected].

VENDOR LINE UP:
Red Belle's Boutique
Clee Sobieski
TikiSwag
Meteor Jewelery Co.
Jeremy Costello
Eric October
Sweet Siren Designs
Raw Formed Jewelery
Tiki Gonzo
Fancy Fruits
Tiki Al
Black Cat Atomic Treasures
B-Rex
Retro Ruthie
Woody Miller
Jungle Modern Ceramics
Bumboola Mugs
In The Kiln
Ron Monster

ART SHOW:
Participants so far include-
Jeremy Costello
Candy Do
Eric October
Heather Welch
Stephen DelTour Jr.
Lynn Mcguire
Logan Madison
Johnathan Morrill

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2016-11-25 12:18 ]

[ Edited by: tobunga 2016-12-07 22:20 ]

Yay!!!

T

Aloha Everybody!

A few more vendors added to the line up:
Woody Miller
Jungle Modern Ceramics
In The Kiln
Ron Monster

And two additions to the art show:
Heather Welch
Stephen DelTour Jr.

Still accepting art show submissions! Let me know if you're interested in participating.

Mahalo!

T

Just completed this drawing for the next Botanical Tiki Cocktail, and a personal favorite... BOO LOO!

Now to start (and complete!) the painting, scan it, frame it and have prints made by the weekend!
There's nothing like flying by the edge of the seat of yer pants!

Hey Everybody,
I'm looking forward to spinning some Xmas tunes for you all, at the Tonga Hut's Tiki Wonderland event this Sunday Dec. 11th.
I have received a few new cds recently to add to the miix.
Also I will be selling about 30-35 tiki mugs that I have got in the last 20 years,
some rare event mugs that are limited quantities, so stop by my DJ booth to see what I have.

Thank you!
Jeff btd

Looking forward to seeing everyone under the twinkling lights of the Hut (and the twinkling lights outside of the Hut, of course). I'll just plan to finish my Christmas shopping on Sunday. :)

kevin

T

Three more great additions to the art show:
Lynn Mcguire
Logan Madison
Johnathan Morrill

See everybody on the 11th!

T

I needed an image for Christmas cards, so I came up with this: Enchanted Xmas!

Tangaroa is the Father Christmas of all tiki gods and goddesses with his Santa hat cobbled together from Pele's hat and Maui's playful sun! And Tiki Babies look angelic descending from Christmas bells!

The original 11x14 acrylic on paper will be available at the Hut on Sunday.

If I get my act together, this will be the basis for for some handmade card/ornaments that I hope to have available too!

See everybody in the Wonderland!

Dig it!!

T

Aloha everybody!

I'm posting on behalf of one of the first time vendors, In The Kiln.
They've been firing my ceramics almost from the beginning of my clay dabbling, and they're awesome!

Stop by their booth this Sunday, where you can create custom underglazes on an assortment of bisque (that's unglazed pieces)!
They have several tiki mug styles, and some other mid-century type pieces, like mermaids, and shells plus some blank coaster sets that can be customized, perhaps with the name of your home tiki bar ... there's even a half pineapple! How cool is that?!

After you create a piece on Sunday, In The Kiln will glaze and fire your piece at their studio. I'll be bringing the pieces back for pick up the following weekend, on the afternoon of Sunday the 18th (other pick up arrangements can be made as well).

Customize a piece for your favorite tiki fan, and give the gift of tiki this Christmas!

T

Aloha everybody!

Here's the finished Botanical Boo Loo... Prints are ready to go!

And here's the completed Enchanted Xmas card/ornament! I'm working on a batch right now to have ready by Sunday!

See you all in the Wonderland!

Pages: 1 10 replies