Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Dagger Rum At Auction

Pages: 1 4 replies

TT

This is not something I'm selling, but I thought some of you would be interested in this auction:

https://whisky.auction/auctions/lot/11376

There are 4 days left!

It's getting a bit too rich for my blood...

TT

Final sale price, just for the record...

AF

Wow Tom, that's an aweful lot for a pint, isn't it? But it is very good rum. I have a lucky and much cheaper story to tell. I was doing some liquor store archeology in 2008 and saw a bunch of Dagger in 1.75 liter plastic bottles like this one on the very bottom shelf of a West Covina, CA store.

I thought the label looked familiar, so at home few days later I'm flipping through the Zombie section in The Bum's Sippin' Safari...and there's the bottle on the top shelf behind Jeff pouring a Zombie and looking like one!

Back to West Covina the next day. I took one of dusty bottles up to the counter and asked the clerk how much. He replied "$7.99"...so I grabbed all 11 bottles they had in two trips. I enjoyed it in Rum Barrels and Bayanihans at the Tiki Ti...A LOT. Although great neat, the Dagger really put the funk in any cocktail I tried it in.

Of course they stopped producing Dagger well before these bottles were found and I ended up either sharing or gifting most of it. See happy recipient.

I only have one bottle left ( in the first photo) which I'm holding for an undetermined special occasion. But I keep hoping for that label to pop up again somewhere!

See this post for more on Dagger Rum: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13196&forum=10

Thanks for sharing your incredible story!

We also tried some of your Dagger Rum at Kirby's Rumpus Room and I remember just how delicious it was!

That was my first taste and I keep hoping that we'll find some more.

I find that if you constantly look for something, you'll find it eventually.

Probably not that many bottles, though! If that were a fishing story, you would have caught Moby Dick!

Pages: 1 4 replies