Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tike'a Book by Dr. Alderete

Pages: 1 8 replies

Tike’a Rapa Nui is a book by artist and graphic designer Dr. Alderete.
This is many books contained in just one – from graphic art to anthropology, from travel to ethnography, this book will be published in both English and Spanish by Rey Naranjo.

Together with the amazing art of Alderete in its 200 pages, Tike’a compiles the collaboration of experts about this particular culture, with texts by Francisco Torres Hochstetter – Director of the Museum of Anthropology P. Sebastian Englert, Easter Island; Jesús Pacheco – Mexican writer and journalist; Sven Kirsten – expert in Tiki culture and author of The Book of Tiki, Tiki Modern, and Tiki Pop (all edited by Taschen); Anahí Luna – Master’s Degree on Art History by UNAM; and Raffaella Cedraschi – Ethnologist and Curator of the “Tike’a and the South Pacific Islands” exhibition at the National Museum of Cultures in Mexico City.

I hope soon this book will soon stop being a dream. Together with the people at Kickstarter Mx, the publisher house Rey Naranjo and your help this can be a reality...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/661625971/tikea-a-book-by-dr-alderete

TIKE’A BOOK
1,000 copies / Softcover / Hardcover
190 pages / Full color
Language: Spanish and English
Size: 19 x 27 cm / 7.5 x 11 in

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 17, 2016 8:15 AM

GROG love Dr. Alderete art.

i'm with grog! the good doctor's art is a unique interpretation of tiki that i really dig. buy this book, please! i want my copy!

We are already half time, there are still 30 more days left.
But we have collected 75%.
Thank you!!

Iorana!
A few lines just to tell you that we have already exceeded 90% of the goal!
And thanks to the friends of Palmeras y Puros (Spain) and Munktiki (USA) we have a new reward limited to 15 units ...

We are still working on the book! 16 days to reach the goal. So, thanks for joining!! If you want to follow up on networks we are using these hashtags: #tikea #tikeathebook #alderetetikea

HJ

When and can the book be ordered from booksellers like Barnes & Noble?

H

:)

last day. kickstarter ends at 5 am PST tomorrow.

Z
Zeta posted on Sun, Dec 3, 2017 6:30 PM

How did I missed this! What happened? did it came out?
(Jorge, I lost my cellphone and my contacts in it. Please call me if you read this)

Pages: 1 8 replies