Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

mai tai glass collecting

Pages: 1 36 replies

Hope that this is the proper thread. I have many double old fashions that I serve my Mai Tai’s in. Here are just a few -I’d like to see what you have. Like mug collecting , collecting bar ware quickly escalates. I had to build a cabinet to house mine and of course I quickly outgrew it.
Cheers

Trader Vic’s 80th anniversary and Billy’s on the Beach

Frankie’s, Rare Don the Beachcomber, International Tiki Marketplace,
Hong Kong Inn, Ventura,Ca.

Misc. and a Venticki

Here’ the cabinet I made-almost all from Scraps Just a bunch of junk collecting dust in my shed.The hardware is all cast-offs

Top and door open independently.

Hardware. Hinges are aluminium but plenty strong for this application.

I bought some mechanic’s tool box matting which keeps the glassware from sliding about when I roll the cabinet around my bar.

I needed a tight square fit to help keep the dust out.

Top works well as a staging area when I’m working at a crowded bartop.

Tanks to TikiSkip for the idea on posting The Mai Tai Glass

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2016-11-23 19:53 ]

David
Great cabinet

Here are my Mai-Tai drinking vessels

Nice Jon, I have lotsa Tony’s-never seen the blue one though.
How many of the Don the Beachcombers (4th one down on the left) you got? I only have one so I usually don’t use it for my 3rd or 4th drink.

nui 'umi 'umi, that cabinet is a great idea!

H

Love the design on all these mai tai glasses. this one from Trader Vic's.
Will post more later.

My "collection", if you can call it that, consists of these 3 glasses, plus a set of the ubiquitous Trader Vic glasses. I'd love to have a few more, but just don't run into them all that often in the wild.

David- I only have 1 as well

Ya made me wonder how many Tony's there are
Never seen the gold one or fish market.

MrBali- I like the Hawaii glass

H

some more,

Trader vic

Hilt
Kool

I really love mai tai glasses! I only have a few, a pair from the ITMP thanks to my friend David :) and Trader Vic ones from when I went to Emeryville. Sadly, I haven't had a mai tai in a while, something I need to rectify soon. Thanks for the inspiration....

E

Here are some of mai tai cups.
I have more but these are the ones currently in the cabinets.

Tonga hut, Tiki Ti

Cat eye club, False Idol, Frankies Tiki Oasis.(Friends homebar, I designed the graphics)

Trader Vic's, Tiki Ti, 10th year anniversary Beachbum Burts. (Also have a standard version)

Elnova, Very nice glasses. Never seen that Beachbum Burts. I was surprised that they were open for 10 years. Tanks for posting

T

Off to a great start nui 'umi 'umi.

When taking pictures of these glasses you need to put the White paper in them so we can see the cool graphics.
Or of the cool graphics are white other color.
Heck even a drink!

One more thing that would be good is a post of the guy who makes these glasses custom for peoples home bar.
These a guy like that here if I remember correctly.

And hey if ya got some to sell post them too.

I will post some shots of mine.
Already have seen many I did not know of.

º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,:MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM TIKISKIP!!:º¤ø,¸¸ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º

Good tips Skip.
Anxious to see what follows
Cheers

T

Your cabinet is cool nui 'umi 'umi, rust on hinges and all metal may look good.

Hey here are some of my glasses to add.
Sorry it took so long.

The Rincon Room is the coolest, it is a home bar.

Hukilau Glasses are great as well these are glasses you get at the Hukilau event and they have a new design each year.

J

I rely pretty exclusively on DOFs from The Hukilau for serving Mai-Tais. I have 2 each of the Beachbum Berry and Kevin Kidney "gold ink" ones, and 4 each of the burgundy/teal and green/brown ones. (One year they had ones with both the Hukilau and Mai Kai logos...I'm hunting for a set.)

Frankie's just got 2 new ones
(See website)

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2017-01-29 17:01 ]

Got these today at a local Savers. I have 4 Suck em up glasse’s but I did not have any from Duke’s.
Cheers
Btw, my wife CeCe surprised me with the signed mugs from Oceanic Arts

H

I have few of theses in different colors. I bought them at Trader Vic's Downtown when they were still open thinking they were trader Vic's glasses, not!! I like them anyways.

Hilda, I snagged a few too.
I really like em-Wish I’d gotten some green ones.
Cheers

Wife bought these for me last weekend. Tommy Bahama with matching coasters.

I found this one at a thrift. Wish it was two.
Cheers

David- u gona need another cabinet to hold em all

On 2017-02-07 22:43, hang10tiki wrote:
David- u gona need another cabinet to hold em all

I know Jon- I just can’t stop. Somebody help me!
Cheers

Today's finds

Just noticed I forgot to post this when I got it

On 2017-01-31 09:30, hiltiki wrote:

I have few of theses in different colors. I bought them at Trader Vic's Downtown when they were still open thinking they were trader Vic's glasses, not!! I like them anyways.

I love these glasses. I bought 2 at Tiki Oasis (2011, I think?) in blue and orange and could KICK MYSLEF for not buying more! I believe Gene from Culture Cove made them. They are May GO TO Mai tai glass. Well, were...I recently broke the blue glass and a piece of my heart as well. I would love to buy multiples now but they are long since gone. :(
(Anyone have extras they might be willing to sell? :D )

Bought 4 of these for my wife at the Shag store in Palm Springs. Check out Shags website for other cool designs.

Great stuff everyone! Here are some of mine.

On 2017-03-29 06:04, uncle trav wrote:

Uncle trav - wow - very nice! I can only hope that someday I find something like this in the wild.

David- like those new glasses
UnKa Trav- wow, those are freekin killer

I was not that keen on the Hele Pele dof. I am looking forward to the memories that they will evoke. Had a great time at Hale Pele. The other on e pictured is from a thrift in Alexandria Va. It’s one of two I paid half a buck each. I like the vintage look.
Cheers

Got this pair from my brother TikiVato. Fugu Cove is the name of his home bar. Graphics by Von Franco,
Can’t wait to break em in.
Cheers

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2017-10-31 20:17 ]

Vato glass, very Kool

Problem:
Wish I had what I wanted on a glass
Hmmm

Had an idea
Draw it
Get it printed on a sticker
Place on the front of a glass
Drink up
:)

Cheers

Used both
I like the no white border better

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2017-11-22 21:34 ]

H10, them stickers are way too cool. I’m wid you-the borderless one is a skosh cooler. Your creativity continues to amaze. Keep it up jon
Cheers

Brought sets of these two back in the 70’s. Set em out during the season but they never got much use. Got plenny use the past few years.

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2017-12-27 18:01 ]

S

On 2017-10-31 20:16, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
Got this pair from my brother TikiVato. Fugu Cove is the name of his home bar. Graphics by Von Franco,
Can’t wait to break em in.
Cheers

does he have these available for sale? I’ve started a small collection of mai tai glasses from TC members home bars

Pages: 1 36 replies