Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Dr. Scott Adrift Apothecary

Pages: 1 6 replies

So I just recently really started getting into Tiki and wanted to show you all what I've got going on and maybe get some feedback. I'm slowly converting my back porch and patio into my own personal Tiki escape area. Done a bit of work and wanted to show it off. Not nearly as sweet as all the home setups I've seen on here (AMAZING is the only word I can come up with)but it's mine and still in progress. The two Tikis that I have I carved myself (also first time carver)and I feel like they came out pretty cool. Both of them have "enchanted" features. One has red eyes and the other a glowing red mouth (I may add fog to that one at a later date). All the lighting I have made as well, other than the small fish float strands, some better than others but all my own creations. I have re-purposed an old fish trap, a growler, a place mat, a wicker basket, and two large holiday ornament balls as my lights on the ceiling. The wall sconce is a bamboo wall vase that is now a wall lamp. Any critiques or tips and tricks would be appreciated. Any good way to put new globes on the fan that would look a bit more aesthetically pleasing?

sorry the images are sideways no idea how to spin them. They were correct until I posted them.

Here's the pics rotated

I made this ceiling fan light out of a waste basket, embroidery hoop, and tapa cloth. Bonded a tuna can to the top and it was the right size to fit inside the light fitting so that the 3 thumb screws hold it in

I say your off to a great start, those AWESOME Tiki rooms on this site didn't happen over night.

I may make three small versions of that fan globe. That's perfect thank you.

Looks great
A nice spot to kick back n relax

This looks seriously awesome!

W

Nice creativity on that fan

Added some new pics to my imgur gallery. Still a work in progress but it's getting there
http://m.imgur.com/a/6ls2W

[ Edited by: Daloosecannon 2017-01-03 09:30 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies