Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Large mid-century tiki table lamp

Pages: 1 5 replies

I've got this listed on Etsy, so here's the link:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/500178017/giant-tiki-lamp-50s-chalkware-lava?ref=listings_manager_grid

I'm in the Santa Barbara area, and local pickup is welcome. The shade is NOT included.

Just about fell over myself when I found this baby last week. It doesn't have any maker's marks, but if anyone here knows more about it I'd love to hear from you.

All the best,

Cat

Cat I am giving you some constructive criticism so don't take it wrong way .The Koolee style shade you have put on this lamp is
all wrong for this type of lamp.Nice shade but those look better on vintage hula lamps.I recommend a double barrel two tier .
I have several sources for original vintage or new custom shades in various colors and designs if you need any help .

You're right, but I'm not going to invest in a shade for this. I'm sure when it finds it's 'forever' home the buyer will find a shade that's right for them. Thanks for the offer of resources.

All the best,

Cat

I would sell the lamp by itself without shade then.Someone that needs good Koolee shade for their hula lamp will pay good money for the shade bu itself.FYI the lamp is not old .Its currently sold at Oceanic Arts in Whittier Cal.

On 2017-02-18 12:11, 1961surf wrote:
I would sell the lamp by itself without shade then....

If you read the original post, you'll see that that is exactly what Cat is doing...

On 2016-12-19 20:51, catrobson wrote:

...The shade is NOT included.

1961Surf,

There is nothing remotely like this lamp at Oceanic. This lamp is vintage, probably 50s, could be 60s. As our other member kindly said, I am selling this lamp without the shade.

I've been selling vintage and antiques for 17 years, all my items are researched extensively before posting. There's always more to learn so I'm happy to be offered new info, but it doesn't appear you have any.

Pages: 1 5 replies