Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Be sure to claim your tiki name on Critiki!

Pages: 1 12 replies

H

Some of the newer features on Critiki make usernames and profiles more of an important thing (most especially the meet-up-with-other-tikiphiles features). Every now and then someone who has an ancient Critiki account (from before Critiki even had usernames) will pop on and will miss the prompting to choose a username. It doesn't break stuff, but it does make things a bit more confusing if people are talking without having a name, you know?

Also, when people are going to get their tiki name on Critiki, they're finding—brace yourself, this is gut-wrenching—their tiki name is no longer available on Critiki. Don't let this be you! Go make sure you get your tiki name. (Spaces are groovy, no need to bust out weird underscores or any of that business.)

Not sure if you've claimed your username over there? Go to the Critiki Settings page (you'll need to be logged in), and if it's asking you to set your username, well, there you go. If it doesn't, you're set.

If you have any trouble at all—don't remember your email address, don't have access to your email address anymore, you think you may have created more than one account over the years and you're not sure what to do, goofed up when you were choosing your username and you want to fix it—I'm at your beck and call. I know a lady who knows a lady who can fix it. (The lady is me. I can fix it.) [email protected]

T

Critiki is cool and now cooler.

Hey if you have posted hundreds of photos over on Critiki and have your home bar in the pages does that mean your tiki name is already claimed by you the poster?

Thanks again, great site.

H

Thanks for the kind words, tikiskip!

On 2016-12-27 07:33, tikiskip wrote:
Hey if you have posted hundreds of photos over on Critiki and have your home bar in the pages does that mean your tiki name is already claimed by you the poster?

Nope, to claim your tiki name, you have to make sure you've set your Critiki username, under Settings. But you already did that ages ago tikiskip, you're good. :) You've added some incredible stuff over the years, thank you!

"But you already did that ages ago tikiskip, you're good"

Ha! forgot about that, but then I forget what happened yesterday sometimes anymore.

Great to have sites like this and yours to help get the tiki word out, can only help in the long run.
And, you and others do it for no money and give your time freely.

So thanks to all who help with your and even this site.
Pay it forward people.

I don't use Critiki often enough. Just logged in and found that many tiki places in my city are not listed and don't have entries. Looks like me and my local ohana have some work to do.

I've never registered The Below Decks. What was I waiting for? I feel like doing so now puts it on the map, and made it official. (Although anyone who has consumed a cocktail or two in The Below Decks over the last 5-6 years probably thought it was already official enough.)

Can I have Bamboo Ben?

:wink:

Can I have Bamboo Ben?

:wink:

H

On 2016-12-27 23:57, RevBambooBen wrote:
Can I have Bamboo Ben?

You already have it, goof!

S

Thanks, and congrats on the Imbibe feature!

H

On 2017-01-03 11:25, sirginn wrote:
Thanks, and congrats on the Imbibe feature!

sirginn! Thanks! :D The Imbibe thing was a lot of fun.

I am assuming that if we've only just registered to Critiki in the last few months, we should be golden?

H

On 2017-01-03 17:02, CosmoReverb wrote:
I am assuming that if we've only just registered to Critiki in the last few months, we should be golden?

Yeah, you should be set. If you're not sure, just sign in to Critiki and visit this page: https://critiki.com/settings/ — if you haven't chosen a username, it'll ask you to. If you have one already, it'll just be your normal settings.

Pages: 1 12 replies