Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Why I don't believ in suprise parties

Pages: 1 4 replies

Yeah, I think I'll just be fashionably late to the next surprise party I attend in case the guest of honor is a collector of guns and/or rifles.

It's a tragic story, but I did get a chuckle out of the last line that says "The party was canceled."

Shooting a gun into the air is the stangest habit of dumb people that I've ever heard of.

Our next door neighbor said for New Years he was going to fire his rifle into the air. My Dad said to him "that's a dumb idea". He said "why?" and my Dad said "Don't you realize that the shot comes down at some point? And we're in a populated neighborhood!" The guy said "oh, oh yeah".

Ironically, either a few years before or a few years after, a kid at the school a few blocks from out house fell down with a bloody forehead. No one knew why. After several months of headaches, they x-rayed his head and discovered a bulled lodged just a fraction of an inch from his brain.

The theroy is that someone somewhere shot a gun into the air.

And by the way, that's not an Urban Legend. That really happened

Hanford

On 2003-08-18 18:48, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Shooting a gun into the air is the strangest habit of dumb people that I've ever heard of.

To protect the innocent from the imbeciles, the city of Los Angeles passed a law in the late 1980s that bans the sale of ammo during the week before July 4 and the week before New Year's. Too many bystanders were getting injured or killed by falling bullets, particularly in South Central.

--cindy (Hoiti Toiti expat)

So it's true what Newton said about gravity.

Pages: 1 4 replies