Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Let's get bombed! Or pic's of your favorite bombs.(Practice or Dummy)

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

Photos of your favorite bombs of old.
I think bombs are tiki because of the old photos of
Trader Vic's that would have booze and things to make an
out post (bar) sent over seas.
Trader Vic's even had some drinks named after war planes ect...

These are (Practice or Dummy) bombs most of the photos are from antique shows
or flea markets.

This may be a Gas tank, Has that bomb look.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2017-02-03 04:50 ]

T

Bombs away....

Hey Skip does a Korean War era rifle grenade count?

How about my MARK 15 MOD.4 for those days when the small stuff just don't cut it. :D

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2017-02-02 15:02 ]

T

On 2017-02-02 12:39, uncle trav wrote:
Hey Skip does a Korean War era rifle grenade count?

helz yeah!

I got one of those blue bombs around here somewhere.

When 151 rum doesn't add enough rocket fuel to my cocktails I reach for the SCAR 2.25" air to ground rocket. Now that's refreshing!

UT

And here is the big boy. A super rare and cool XM-388 Nuclear Projectile fired from the Davy Crockett Weapons System. For real. Of course all of these are inert training dummies or my wife wouldn't let them in the bar. Not many places have one of these but the Hukilau Lounge is no ordinary place.

http://1991-new-world-order.wikia.com/wiki/Davy_Crockett_Weapon_System?file=The_World's_Smallest_Nuke

T

ka--boom!!!

You Win!

Skip-Uncle T, Mahalo for your enjoyable posts. The blue paint use to mean that the objects were for practice and were inert. I’d sure hang one in my bar if I could afford the bucks this stuff sells for.

UT

On 2017-02-03 23:59, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
Skip-Uncle T, Mahalo for your enjoyable posts. The blue paint use to mean that the objects were for practice and were inert. I’d sure hang one in my bar if I could afford the bucks this stuff sells for.

Right you are sir. They could be filled with sand or water to act like a few different bombs dropped from air force planes from WWII through Vietnam. I found all of these while on the hunt for junk in the wild. The rocket I picked up at a flea market for $10. It was standing up with shirts draped over it also for sale. You just never know what you'll find out there.

T

I thought you got them at Jihad Jimmy’s army surplus store.
Don’t know what I paid for mine it was not much but it was long ago.

But you can still find most anything at a good price if you look long and hard.
I think California might be harder to find good stuff cheap.

Need to stop using the words that must be on a search list for people lookin for bad
Guys.

This is all tiki room décor people.

Pages: 1 10 replies