Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

tiki-bot's 40th birthday!

Pages: 1 14 replies

Mister Pineapple - you may NOT read any further - STOP NOW or RUIN YOUR SURPRISE!

ok - now that he's gone...
howdy TC - Mrs. Pineapple here, Mr. Pineapple, aka Tiki-bot, is having a 40th birthday soon, September 20th to be exact. We are having a party at our house in No. California, which he knows about, but I'm trying to work up a surprise "something" for the party. My original plan was to ask the Devilettes perform, however they are not available, so now I'm thinking Hula dancers? Mai Kai Gents want to come to SF for a birthday party? Crazy Al want to carve a tiki in our yard?
I have a small entertainment budget, any ideas on some sort of fabulous surprise entertainment for this party, I need HELP! I also want to invite any TC folks who are in the Bay Area that night to come by and wish him a happy 40th. It'll will be a very exciting party...if I can think of something exciting :)
Aloha and Mahola

Jeesh, is everybody on Tiki Central born in September? My birthday is Sept. 21, Al , Humuhumu, Sugarcaddydaddy, tiki-bot, floratina, Pop, Monkeyman, (too many too list). I think this phenomenon rates some kind of scientific study. But on the other hand that would just be a waste of financial resources that would be better spent on a monster tiki birthday party!!!

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-08-19 01:00 ]

It's pretty darn ironic that this thread and Suicide Sam's one about surprise parties were listed one right after the other when I looked at the topic list.

Hey SWJ, I'm in September too, I don't rate a mention in your list? Hmmmph...

And to explain the rash of Septemberites, you just have to remember that nine months prior was New Year's Eve. And in my case, my parents' anniversary. Conceived in party mode, how could we be anything but a fun crowd?

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-08-19 09:36 ]

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-08-19 09:37 ]

Mrs. P!

If you really want to surprise Mr. P, just bring him down to Hoity Toity SoCal!

M

Gretchen-

I'll be happy to bartend to big event. Tell me some of his favorite drinks (maybe we can invent one for him with some of his favorite ingredients) and I can put a drink menu together and bring over all the ingredients.

Rich, you better not be reading this thread.

Sound good?

A

Happy birthday,
Mahalo,
Al

'Party like it's yo tiki birfday!'

K

Tikis must be a Virgo thing...I'm September 22, and our new Tiki-baby-boy will be born on September 19th! It takes a true compulsive to collect tikis.

On 2003-08-19 00:28, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Jeesh, is everybody on Tiki Central born in September? My birthday is Sept. 21, Al , Humuhumu, Sugarcaddydaddy, tiki-bot, floratina, Pop, Monkeyman, (too many too list). I think this phenomenon rates some kind of scientific study. But on the other hand that would just be a waste of financial resources that would be better spent on a monster tiki birthday party!!!

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-08-19 01:00 ]

H

On 2003-08-20 17:17, kingslod wrote:
Tikis must be a Virgo thing

I ain't no OCD-havin' Virgo! I'm a well balanced, slutty Libra. :)

Humuhumu wrote:

"I ain't no OCD-havin' Virgo! I'm a well balanced, slutty Libra."

You mean a lovely, luscious, lascivious Libra, doncha Humu? :wink:

PJ: you and vintagegirl are two perfect examples of Virgo gals at their most vivacious, and vixenly! va-va-VOOM!

Me, I'm just a shilly Sag. That's Sag, not Shag, all you OCD collector types out there! :D

Oh, and Mrs. P? I would LOVE to come, and help out any way I can!

yum, a party!

tikivixen

thanks everyone! I've gotten a really great tiki carving from a secret source in Seattle and I'm working on tracking down some aloha style entertainment!

Martiki - what a great idea, and lovely offer! I'm thinking we can 'invent' a drink, perhaps the 'over the volcano' for the dear old man! We can make big batches of it so you can enjoy the party a little! We love your punch concoctions, or maybe we can get Robin to disclose the secret ingredients in her 'Polynesian Princess'. I told Mr. P that you offered, and he's very excited, so we can talk about before the big event!

just to recap, the party isn't a surprise, the tiki carving, entertainment and anything else I can think up in the next few weeks (a hoity roadtrip???) are the surprises! I'll keep you all posted and if you email me, I'll put you on the invite email!
Mahalo!
mrs. pineapple

OK - mr. pineapple (aka Tikibot) is indeed turning 40 years old on Saturday! The deck is complete, (we dedicated it to Johnny Cash, because we put the last plank on the moring he passed. We sat outside and listened to Johnny and moped...)

http://www.tikibot.com/deck/deck.html

Martiki is mixing, and some lovely hula girls are coming to dance... so hopefully you all got your invites and are showing up! let me know if you didn't get an invite, and I'll send one...
thanks-
mrs. pineapple

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2003-09-15 14:24 ]

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2003-09-15 17:24 ]

Call me crazy, but when I saw this pic I automatically started singing in my head....

:music: Hey -- Hey -- Hey, Hey, Hey :music:
:music: It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A :music:

Sorry Rich - the song just popped into my head (really). But hey, you look great. And wow, looks like someone's been working out! :)

Congrats on the deck! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

**Poly-Pop ***

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-09-15 15:51 ]

He is looking pretty buff! It's all the heaving of wood...The only problem is, he's so achy and sore after the long days of deck building, there's hardly been anytime to enjoy the newly muscled arms... oh well, the deck is amazing!

mrs. P

Pages: 1 14 replies