Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Austin TX tiki gang!

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hey everyone, is there any body in the Austin area with cool tiki rental stuff? I'm doing an event in the city that I want tiki themed
but in a cool way but having tons of difficulties. If I could bring my local fav oceanic arts there I would but alas I can't find anything half as cool, unless someone knows a secret spot? Or I individual dealer? Let me know, love any advice:)

C

Aloha!
Not that I know of. Austin is mostly devoid of tiki, sadly, except for a few bars that have decent tiki menus in the Summer. I am not aware of anywhere that rents tiki stuff for parties, etc. We're sort of a tiki dessert out this way with the exception of some cool home bars. Good Luck!

Deadmeadow! Hook up with Croe when you're playing out there and check out her tiki bar!!!

Are you playing SxSW?

C

Oh man - almost forgot that SXSW is just around the corner with trying to get our bar finished!!!

Let me know if you're going to be out here for SX & what you might need.
I may have some tikis I can rent, too - depending what you're looking for.
And, of course, happy to show you our almost complete bar, too.

Bamboo Ben!:) great to hear from you. I still have your bar in full effect in my studio. Croe, Yes, would love to rent some tikis. It would just be for the early day on March 18th. It would be for a stage so only while we are playing so they would be taken well care of! Let me know and message me. That would be super amazing and congrats on the bar. I have tons of music friends in Austin that have been dying for a proper tiki bar in town! Great idea:). Can already line you up an exotica DJ if you need one.

And, of course, happy to show you our almost complete bar, too.

Where's the Home Tiki Bar build thread? Come on, I wanna see what other Texans are doing!

oops, Croe, is this a home bar or a public one? May have misread.. Either way would love to see it.. I'll be in Austin on the 16th of March. Definitely interested in renting an item too and contributing to your tiki bar building fund:).. Definitely love to see some Texas tiki stuff happening!

C

On 2017-02-22 15:10, DeadMeadow wrote:
oops, Croe, is this a home bar or a public one? May have misread.. Either way would love to see it.. I'll be in Austin on the 16th of March. Definitely interested in renting an item too and contributing to your tiki bar building fund:).. Definitely love to see some Texas tiki stuff happening!

Yep - a home bar that we've had planned for years & are finally getting done. Plumbing was supposed to go in today, but, well....contractors. We'll see if they show tomorrow! Happy to have you check it out - it's starting to look pretty cool at this point. & Happy to have help with the building fund :)

I sent you a personal message here on TC - check your messages

Pages: 1 7 replies