Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Pacific Island Traders, Oceanside, CA (store)

Pages: 1 2 replies

Name:Pacific Island Traders
Type:store
Street:1421 North Coast Highway
City:Oceanside
State:CA
Zip:92054
Phone:(760)966-0669

Description:
Emporium of Tropical Dreams:
Sells bamboo furniture, Accessories, Clothing, Fabric, Rugs, Bamboo, Matting, Flooring, Palapas, Bars, Tikis, Masks, Tribal.

It’s time again to resurrect another “Locating Tiki” thread from the backmost page of the forum.

I saw Pacific Island Traders listed on Critiki a couple years ago and tried to find it. I never did discover what happened to it or (exactly) when, but it’s now very much defunct. It either closed or moved (I’m guessing closed) sometime between 2006 and 2010. The location is now occupied by a sporting goods store.

Here are some photos of the outside of Pacific Island Traders when it was still open courtesy of TC member Sabina:
http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Pacific-Island-Traders

If you know anything more about Pacific Island Traders or its fate, please share.

This place was mostly new stuff. New bamboo furniture like bedroom and living room sets. Lots of gift items like soaps, candles, wind chimes. They had tikis but it was import stuff. I think they had a few tiki farm mugs, but that's it. Everything they carried was new retail items.

It was almost exactly like Bamboo Source on Coast Hwy. in Oceanside.

[ Edited by: Tiki Shaker 2013-04-16 20:56 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies